There are 268 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Week two, time to see who can play and who needs to get cut.

Please, post all the game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it. All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.

If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat:http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

INFO: 5:00 PM

Where San Francisco, CA

When: Saturday, August 19, 2012

Top 3 things I want to see Sat night:

1) More of Manningham (or "Smithing"ham) and Moss
2) Watch Boone dominate at RG
3) See the rookies: AJ, LMJ, Robinson, Looney
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I don't get why every1 wants to see moss and manningham
It's obvious there's a good connection in practice is rather keep them a secret for the packers game
how far is it from game time? all these time zones are confusing me.

I want to see Alex lead a little scoring drive right out of the gate then hand it over to the other three. I want to see more of the three behind them because one of them has to go. Do want to see more Hunter and James, as well as AJ.
Want to see the first string OLine dominate, Smith in sync with all receivers, and young guys become more consistent. Would love to see guys taking 2nd string positions and leaving no doubt that they are ready to start should the need arise (believe this has already happened for the most part).

I want to see Alex lead a little scoring drive right out of the gate then hand it over to the other three. I want to see more of the three behind them because one of them has to go. Do want to see more Hunter and James, as well as AJ.

Smith to VD . BOOM!! TD!!!

One play TD drive. Done. Smith and the offense walk off the field with swagger.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 18, 2012 at 7:33 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Smith to VD . BOOM!! TD!!!

One play TD drive. Done. Smith and the offense walk off the field with swagger.

Would like for posterities sake but would rather swap out VD with Manningham or Moss just so we could see one of them school the Texans CBs.

Like Rubberneck says I want to see more of Tolzien and Johnson because we wont be holding onto four QBs, I really like Johnson but my prudent, intelligent side says Tolzien is the better choice.

Aside from that I want to see our OLBs, who will get that 4th OLB spot out of Bakhtari, Brown, Johnson (should he be healthy).

Also want to see how Dobbs will handle his increased playing time as a TE. Davis will probably only see a handful of snaps and Walker is out so our TE DC will be Reuland, Dobbs, Celek, and that new UDFA Sawyer lol.
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM ]
I wanna see this new crabtree speed, a quick out
Originally posted by 228niner:
I wanna see this new crabtree speed, a quick out

1 for 3 Crabtree

I am looking forward to seeing our starting O vs the Texans starting D. They are good and if we can move the ball on them then that speaks well for the regular season.
My inner most fan thinks we are going to destroy them, but i just have a feeling we might get beaten this game....

I think that yates is a really good back up qb, and he'll be a good starter some day...

that's why they play the games
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
My inner most fan thinks we are going to destroy them, but i just have a feeling we might get beaten this game....

I think that yates is a really good back up qb, and he'll be a good starter some day...

Oh noes! A preseason loss!
Im hungry.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Oh noes! A preseason loss!

I hope we do get beat bad... So it leaves a bad taste in their mouth
Share 49ersWebzone