There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 2)

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/8/13/3240389/position-battle-review-49ers-sign-te-joe-sawyer

Wonder if the injury to Walker has anything to do with this. Maybe worse than Harbaugh letting on...

I'd say for sure, it does. We don't want to rush the recovery time of Walker or Byham just because we need a scrub to fill in for August practices.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/8/13/3240389/position-battle-review-49ers-sign-te-joe-sawyer
Wonder if the injury to Walker has anything to do with this. Maybe worse than Harbaugh letting on...

I'd say for sure, it does. We don't want to rush the recovery time of Walker or Byham just because we need a scrub to fill in for August practices.

too bad they can't sign two week contract like they do in basket ball. The two year is very misleading to fans and the player
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

too bad they can't sign two week contract like they do in basket ball. The two year is very misleading to fans and the player

seriously the NBA has the 10-day contract which is what this guy needs
^ ^ they can structure the contracts to make them essentially paid until they are released. No worries.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
They signed 2 TEs because Walker will likely not play again in preseason just like Aldon probably wont. JH says Aldon could be back for week 3 but he'd probably rest him for as long as possible because why jeopardize your star pass rusher for 1 game when most starters are rested for the #4 game.

Same principle applies to Walker, even if its only a contusion or bruise and normally be out a week I doubt Walker will see another snap of preseason games.

Also Byham is still out, that is the main reason we signed 2 TEs because VD will basically only see 10 total snaps in the rest of the preseason lol, leaving our depth chart at Reuland, Dobbs, and Kyle Nelson lmao.
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM ]
^ ^ they can structure the contracts to make them essentially paid until they are released. No worries.

That's not the point, it's the principle
  • Kolohe
  • #TeamLevi
We are gonna face two quality startering QB's, our 1st and 2nd string are gonna have a good run for their money. Love JJ Watts and Brian Cushing two guys I'd take any day to be 9ers!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
We are gonna face two quality startering QB's, our 1st and 2nd string are gonna have a good run for their money. Love JJ Watts and Brian Cushing two guys I'd take any day to be 9ers!!!!

Who's there #2 Qb? Yates?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

yup...good thing we have good depth... our young secondary is going to get some good work in.
I think it's awesome we play the Texans as game 2 of preseason...timing seems good for our team's growth.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Ben Tate is going to torch us

i'm sure the niner D is just scared s**tless lol

never heard of him.

Originally posted by Afrikan:

yup...good thing we have good depth... our young secondary is going to get some good work in.

Oh he lost me when he said 2 quality starters

Watts is a beast but Cush is a juicer. Then again he's a Trojan and played for uncle Pete, the admiral of all cheaters.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

Watts is a beast but Cush is a juicer. Then again he's a Trojan and played for uncle Pete, the admiral of all cheaters.
no way!

but to his credit, he has bounced back for his NFL career. Many times we here players get caught, then they fall off....he is one of the few out there.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Ben Tate is going to torch us

i'm sure the niner D is just scared s**tless lol

never heard of him.

This should be the standardized response to all of his posts,lol.