LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
45 minutes to go
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Eight injured players did not travel with the 49ers:

LB Aldon Smith (hip)
LB Ahmad Brooks (possible knee)
LB Cam Johnson (knee)
LB Darius Fleming (knee)
TE Delanie Walker (knee)
WR Joe Hastings (hamstring)
CB Perrish Cox (leg)
RB Jewel Hampton (possible knees)

Parys Haralson will start in place of Ahmad Brooks, presumably at left outside linebacker, and Eric Bakhtiari will serve as the other starting outside linebacker, replacing Aldon Smith.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/08/18/pregame-notes-before-49ers-exhibition-vs-texans/

Dayum....
the f**k is jewel hampton, lol
Originally posted by kush:
Happy Game day Niner Bros!

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

dunno but thats a kool name
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

We have so many RBs lol
Parys Haralson showing his importance to the team. He's a solid #3 and until we find a replacement we will have to slightly overpay him. If Brooks or Aldon go down I'd much rather have him than anyone else on the roster at OLB. I think we will need to select an OLB mid rounds again because Cam Johnson is still recovering, Darius Fleming will be back but how strong will he return and Bahktiari is hardly the future. We might need 1 or 2 OLBs next year... I don't see us getting rid of Parys until we have a couple of solid replacements.
hes a RB he was actually considered one of the best UNDFA RB after the draft he came herre because he felt harbaugh really wanted him

he is actually a verry good RB who got injured late in the season
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Aug 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM ]
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Parys Haralson showing his importance to the team. He's a solid #3 and until we find a replacement we will have to slightly overpay him. If Brooks or Aldon go down I'd much rather have him than anyone else on the roster at OLB. I think we will need to select an OLB mid rounds again because Cam Johnson is still recovering, Darius Fleming will be back but how strong will he return and Bahktiari is hardly the future. We might need 1 or 2 OLBs next year... I don't see us getting rid of Parys until we have a couple of solid replacements.

He serves his purpose when needed. He's a solid backup but starter? no way.

Agreed on keeping Parys for another year at the price. Why you no like Bakhtiari? He could turn out to be a gem, me thinks.

• rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Agreed on keeping Parys for another year at the price. Why you no like Bakhtiari? He could turn out to be a gem, me thinks.

I agree, why no love for Bakhtiari? I think he could possibly turn out to be a player for us.
I'm exited to see what Bakhtiari can do against top tier talent. Hopefully, Alex gets more than just the one drive he had last week. It would be great to see him sustain consecutive drives for TDs as he's supposed to be a "master" of the system. Also: Frank Gore Go Niners!
Originally posted by rserda:
I agree, why no love for Bakhtiari? I think he could possibly turn out to be a player for us.

Not knocking the guy but he's a journeyman who is nearly 28. Not that he's over the hill but seems like a Travis LaBoy type.

San Diego Chargers (2008)*
San Francisco 49ers (2008)*
San Diego Chargers (2009)*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2009)*
Tennessee Titans (2009–2010)
Miami Dolphins (2010)*
Kansas City Chiefs (2010-2011)*
San Francisco 49ers (2012–present)

Anything with a star means he was an offseason/ps guy. So only 53 man team he made was the Titans.

Although the good news is Parys shouldn't play long so we should get a good long look at him. Really wish Fleming and Johnson were healthy because they would get a ton of time today. I'd go with all three with Parys in for a few series if they were healthy. Instead Parys, Bahktiari and Rowe are the only guys I think that are healthy unless I am missing someone.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Theswede:
I'm exited to see what Bakhtiari can do against top tier talent. Hopefully, Alex gets more than just the one drive he had last week. It would be great to see him sustain consecutive drives for TDs as he's supposed to be a "master" of the system. Also: Frank Gore Go Niners!

As if Gire.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Theswede:

It's "expert"... get it right!

Share 49ersWebzone