There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 2)

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol Buzz runs the zone.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 228niner:
I wanna see this new crabtree speed, a quick out

1 for 3 Crabtree

Yeah, Crabtree did against vs Viking last Friday night.. He did catch one for 3 yards..

Omg hes da suxxors....crabtree only had one catch in a PREseason game....the sky is falling

Also had 1 catch for 3 yards in the NFCCG lol just saying
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
My inner most fan thinks we are going to destroy them, but i just have a feeling we might get beaten this game....

I think that yates is a really good back up qb, and he'll be a good starter some day...

that's why they play the games

Oh noes! A preseason loss!

Exactly. If anything, going 4-0 is usually a bad omen.

Yep. The year Detroit went 0-16 they were 4-0 in the preseason. When the Colts won the Superbowl they were 0-4 in the preseason.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yep. The year Detroit went 0-16 they were 4-0 in the preseason. When the Colts won the Superbowl they were 0-4 in the preseason.

haha didnt their QB at the time also predict a 12'ish win season? Damn I forgot his name.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

haha didnt their QB at the time also predict a 12'ish win season? Damn I forgot his name.

John Kitna?
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
John Kitna?

it had to be dan orkalski (sp?)

kitna never was qb of that team when 0-16
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
My inner most fan thinks we are going to destroy them, but i just have a feeling we might get beaten this game....

I think that yates is a really good back up qb, and he'll be a good starter some day...

that's why they play the games

Oh noes! A preseason loss!

Exactly. If anything, going 4-0 is usually a bad omen.

Going 4-0 in a preseason isn't a bad omen. I'm tired of hearing that as a result of one single case where it happened. Fact is preseason records have no bearing on how good a team will be in the regular season. There are so many factors that contribute to preseason success or failures such as complexity of schemes you're running, how much you're resting your star players etc. Fact is, if we go 4-0 we're not doomed, and if we lose the remaining 3 games we're not doomed either.

The only thing worth paying close attention to in preseason is individual one on one match ups imo. Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the fact that football is back, even if it's only preseason.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Orlovsky
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 228niner:
I wanna see this new crabtree speed, a quick out

1 for 3 Crabtree

Yeah, Crabtree did against vs Viking last Friday night.. He did catch one for 3 yards..

Omg hes da suxxors....crabtree only had one catch in a PREseason game....the sky is falling

Don't hate on buzz lol.

sorry
@ that whole exchange.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Orlovsky

Sorry I was thinking of the time when Kitna was playing for Detroit and they started off hot like 4-1 or something and he predicted a playoff birth but it never happened. My b
Is there anywhere we can watch this game online?
If anyone is in orange county in Huntington beach they are playing the game at beachfront! Just FYI
  • kush
  • Veteran
Happy Game day Niner Bros!

• sfout
  • Veteran
Going 4-0 in the preseason meant we had the talent from the top down to beat any given opponent without a game plan. Then when the real season started our inferior coaching and bad schemes were exposed. If a Harbaugh team goes 4-0 in the preseason it wont be a bad omen at all.

Happy Game Day!
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM ]
Eight injured players did not travel with the 49ers:

LB Aldon Smith (hip)
LB Ahmad Brooks (possible knee)
LB Cam Johnson (knee)
LB Darius Fleming (knee)
TE Delanie Walker (knee)
WR Joe Hastings (hamstring)
CB Perrish Cox (leg)
RB Jewel Hampton (possible knees)

Parys Haralson will start in place of Ahmad Brooks, presumably at left outside linebacker, and Eric Bakhtiari will serve as the other starting outside linebacker, replacing Aldon Smith.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/08/18/pregame-notes-before-49ers-exhibition-vs-texans/