There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

You are the GM, would you trade any of the players now to another team?

Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
I'm sick of the Crabtree hate, he has done nothing that deserves being compared to Dez Bryant. He has done nothing but improve yearly, has been a team player, stayed out of trouble. I just don't get it.

this

On top of that, dude is only 24. He is going to light it up this year and all these scrub fans will be on his nuts. People fail to realize that our passing offense has been bottom of the league since Crabtree joined, and it is NOT his fault. I honestly believe we move into the top 20 this year and both Crabtree and Davis get over 1000 yards receiving.
All of this
On top of that, dude is only 24. He is going to light it up this year and all these scrub fans will be on his nuts. People fail to realize that our passing offense has been bottom of the league since Crabtree joined, and it is NOT his fault. I honestly believe we move into the top 20 this year and both Crabtree and Davis get over 1000 yards receiving.

It's certainly not all of his fault, but he has to share blame and be accountable for his faults. Last year, Crabtree definitely improved... 3 drops in the playoffs stand out, but hey, not every game goes your way. 12th worst in drop percentage for 2010? 7th worst in drop rate for the last 3 years combined? Add in that many of those drops in years past were volleyball-tipped interceptions. I also think it is fair to mention the separation issues as well as his ability to beat the jam.

Crabtree is not a bad player. He is not a bust, IMHO, either. Some folks have more rigid concepts about calling a player that hasn't reached his draft status a bust, and I guess that is their opinion. I can disagree and still respect that.

Most of us just want Crabtree to be out there working with his team.. that's all. Maybe he gets better anyway.. maybe he stays the same, which is good but not great.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/23/drop-percentage/
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/
Originally posted by oldman9er:

It's certainly not all of his fault, but he has to share blame and be accountable for his faults. Last year, Crabtree definitely improved... 3 drops in the playoffs stand out, but hey, not every game goes your way. 12th worst in drop percentage for 2010? 7th worst in drop rate for the last 3 years combined? Add in that many of those drops in years past were volleyball-tipped interceptions. I also think it is fair to mention the separation issues as well as his ability to beat the jam.

Crabtree is not a bad player. He is not a bust, IMHO, either. Some folks have more rigid concepts about calling a player that hasn't reached his draft status a bust, and I guess that is their opinion. I can disagree and still respect that.

Most of us just want Crabtree to be out there working with his team.. that's all. Maybe he gets better anyway.. maybe he stays the same, which is good but not great.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/23/drop-percentage/
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/
You shouldn't worry about the past. lets just focus on what he did this last season with Harbs and Co. And he did do pretty well in a very anemic offense.

Like you say, his arrow is pointing up.
Crabs for a 2nd or 3rd to any AFC team
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
You shouldn't worry about the past. lets just focus on what he did this last season with Harbs and Co. And he did do pretty well in a very anemic offense.

Like you say, his arrow is pointing up.

That's good advice that I will take. Was thrilled to hear how MC took an interest in early camp this season.

"Just get back out there, Mike !!! "
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by cciowa:
teams can keep thier 7th round pick and we will enjoy rock as the captain of the special teams, backup kick returner, back up fullback and very good vet in the locker room. I agree with you in regards to dixon

No team would ever give up a draft pick for Rock Cartwright. I could care less if he makes the team or not. The Falcons just got Asante Samuel for a 7th rounder

Asante Samuel came with a huge contract obligation. the above mentioned players have value because they are under contract for close to the league minimum (most not all) obviously haralson and crabtree are not.

Keep in mind I want Crabtree to do awesome this year. However the point is the niners might not keep him next season because of how high his salary goes.
Lol Kevin Williams
The odds of that 4th round pick contributing more than Crabtree would aren't very good. I think we're all on our last straw regarding Crabtree but he deserves that chance and we've gotten some pretty good returns on investments by giving our guys one last chance.

Vernon, Alex those are 2 guys most franchises would have given up on. We didn't and have been rewarded for showing patience and realizing that we have given these guys a raw deal and hampered their development ourselves with some of our bone headed moves.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM ]
I'm sick of the Crabtree hate, he has done nothing that deserves being compared to Dez Bryant. He has done nothing but improve yearly, has been a team player, stayed out of trouble. I just don't get it.

this
Yeah,

I play Madden Franchise mode too.

You know you can trade Brooks to the Saints for #95 and get a 2nd and a 3rd. If you switch Haralson to LE, he goes to a 97 and you can get a 1st, 2nd and another 1st for the following year.

LEt's move Joe Staley to RT instead of left and watch him go to a 93, then trade him for a 1st and a 2nd.

By now, I think people got my point :)
Dixon has no trade value, but a perfect marriage would be Dix to the Packers for a 6th I guess.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The odds of that 4th round pick contributing more than Crabtree would aren't very good. I think we're all on our last straw regarding Crabtree but he deserves that chance and we've gotten some pretty good returns on investments by giving our guys one last chance.

Vernon, Alex those are 2 guys most franchises would have given up on. We didn't and have been rewarded for showing patience and realizing that we have given these guys a raw deal and hampered their development ourselves with some of our bone headed moves.

If we were to trade crabtree (and for the record i DEFINITELY do not), it would simply be because we feel our receiving corps would be just as strong if it were moss/manningham/williams/ginn/jenkins, not because we'd anticipate the guy we'd draft with the pick would be as good of a player
[ Edited by niners420 on Aug 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by niners420:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

If we were to trade crabtree (and for the record i DEFINITELY do not), it would simply be because we feel our receiving corps would be just as strong if it were moss/manningham/williams/ginn/jenkins, not because we'd anticipate the guy we'd draft with the pick would be as good of a player

I'd only trade Crabs for a low 1st rounder, maybe a mid-2nd... and I definitely wouldn't do it this year.
Gore and Crabtree I would trade. Gore in his downside of his career. I think Hunter and LaMichael can take the load. Crabtree may have his breakout this year but I'm going to gamble and go with the younger guys. Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Ginn, and maybe NaPalm. More picks for the future. Like Walsh said -- rather be a year too early than a year too late.

OK, now put that straitjacket on me -- I'm certifiable.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I'd only trade Crabs for a low 1st rounder, maybe a mid-2nd... and I definitely wouldn't do it this year.

i do not think you could get a first or second rounder for him.