LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

You are the GM, would you trade any of the players now to another team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It appears to me that the Niners have done a great job with stacking their roster deep.
Some players I think could be traded before the cut downs for future draft picks.

1. Scott Tolzien- 7th rounder- team like San Diego where Boller quit
2. Josh Johnson- 7th rounder- if another teams qb's get hurt
3. Michael Crabtree- 4th rounder- If this is his last year as a niner due to salary cap reasons, maybe get value now?? Maybe I am just frustrated with his training camp injuries, but I am tired of him and his cousin Dez Bryant.
4. Anthony Dixon- 7th rounder
5. Kevin Williams- 7th rounder
6. Nate Bynam- 7th in 2014
7. Rock Cartwright- 7th rounder in 2014
8. Ted Ginn- 7th Rounder- team short of WR or PR or KR
9. Kilgore or Slowey- might as well get a 7th rounder for one, as both will not make the team?
10. Parys Haralson- 6th rounder- team who needs a starting OLB, can set the edge, value for salary as a starter, not as back up

I know this is pie in the sky, but some teams that would really want one of the players would give up future draft picks (some picks 2 drafts away) if they are desperate to get a player. My opinion is anyone above would not be a starter anyways, so lets get some value for them??
Don't think I would. I really can't think of a good reason to. We are in that SB window now, so I don't see much value in trading anyone. We have a bunch of draft picks as is. Crabtree offers our team more than some 4th rd pick in the future. The rest on your list give a reward that is pretty inconsequential. And Ginn for a 7th? No fu**ing way on that one being acceptable.

We aren't exactly short of future picks. Anyway I just cannot see any point in trading players for 7th round picks. The hit rate on 7th rounders is dismal.

And why should other teams give up picks, even 7th rounders, at this time is highly unlikely when all they have to do is wait, and the well stocked teams will have to shake some loose.

And by the way, Crabs for a 4th? No!
Kyle Williams for Aaron Rodgers
Originally posted by English:
We aren't exactly short of future picks. Anyway I just cannot see any point in trading players for 7th round picks. The hit rate on 7th rounders is dismal.

And why should other teams give up picks, even 7th rounders, at this time is highly unlikely when all they have to do is wait, and the well stocked teams will have to shake some loose.

And by the way, Crabs for a 4th? No!

Agree
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Kyle Williams for Aaron Rodgers

I am sure the packers would be delighted with that trade...lol
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'd trade if it were for value, 3-5th round picks, 7th doesn't seem like much.

I'd trade Crabtree for $50 and a bag of potato chips. what a disappointment he has been!
Yeah wtf has ever came from the 7th round that was worth mentioning? Are there even any active players that were 7th rounders?
[ Edited by BayArea on Aug 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Chico:
I'd trade if it were for value, 3-5th round picks, 7th doesn't seem like much.

I'd trade Crabtree for $50 and a bag of potato chips. what a disappointment he has been!

We took him top ten without a 40 time, we could have had maclin and dropped back. O well, live an die by it, could have been worse, could have been like R.Woods. But basically only guy with trade value and were not going to get what we payed so just keep him. I WON"T TRADE GORE, NINER FOR LIFE.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Aug 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I'm sick of the Crabtree hate, he has done nothing that deserves being compared to Dez Bryant. He has done nothing but improve yearly, has been a team player, stayed out of trouble. I just don't get it.

Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah wtf has ever came from the 7th round that was worth mentioning? Are there even any active players that were 7th rounders?

Bruce Miller

Ricky Jean Francois

Larry Grant
Originally posted by Chief:
I'm sick of the Crabtree hate, he has done nothing that deserves being compared to Dez Bryant. He has done nothing but improve yearly, has been a team player, stayed out of trouble. I just don't get it.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by BayArea:

Bruce Miller

Ricky Jean Francois

Larry Grant

eric heitmann, Andy Lee was a 6th rounder an probowl
Who are Kevin Williams and Nate Bynam?
  • Dino
  • Veteran
You must play Madden
Share 49ersWebzone