Considering the expectations and where he was drafted, he's absolutely a bust. He was highly touted as a game-changer and once-a-decade type talent at WR.
He's far from that.
- He has missed every training camp thus far in his career.
- He's a marginal number 2 receiver.
- He, in no way, makes his QB better.
- He never makes game-changing plays.
- Pretty sure his best statistical games are against very poor teams.
The worst part of Crab's are the last two bullets. When you don't really need him to (or it's not a crucial part of the game) he'll make a decent play or two.
But when it's a big time game or a big moment in a game he absolutely DISAPPEARS.
I had very high hopes for him and those expectations were readjusted after last season. I felt that adding Moss would light a fire and make him better by taking coverage away from him, but with another injury and a crowded WR corps. his time in SF could be limited.Which I think he wouldn't mind, because he's never shown a passion for the game or for being a 49er.