There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Exactly. In my opinion know WR is worth a top 10 pick unless it's a Calvin Johnson/Fitzgerald type. But he's not a bust. Folks taking the ducking training camp s**t to far.

Thats like saying you expect any QB picked within the top 10 to become a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning type.
It means drafting a guy with size and speed of both guys coming out of college. I'm not talking about the finished product. Crabtree wasn't in either guys league in terms measurables. Like a Aj Green or Julio Jones. Just like the Jags wasted a pick on Blackmon this year. He's not a game changer, and neither is Crabtree.
Lol
Is there an ETA on his return to camp?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
He's a BUST!!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
he needs a coach that actually knows the position
A bust 2X
As long as he's doing better than DHB, I'm content.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
He's a BUST!!!

Sweet! 1600 Posts!
Kinda getting tired of him missing practice year after year after year......
Considering the expectations and where he was drafted, he's absolutely a bust. He was highly touted as a game-changer and once-a-decade type talent at WR.
He's far from that.

• He has missed every training camp thus far in his career.
  • He's a marginal number 2 receiver.
  • He, in no way, makes his QB better.
  • He never makes game-changing plays.
  • Pretty sure his best statistical games are against very poor teams.

The worst part of Crab's are the last two bullets. When you don't really need him to (or it's not a crucial part of the game) he'll make a decent play or two.

But when it's a big time game or a big moment in a game he absolutely DISAPPEARS.

I had very high hopes for him and those expectations were readjusted after last season. I felt that adding Moss would light a fire and make him better by taking coverage away from him, but with another injury and a crowded WR corps. his time in SF could be limited.Which I think he wouldn't mind, because he's never shown a passion for the game or for being a 49er.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Considering the expectations and where he was drafted, he's absolutely a bust. He was highly touted as a game-changer and once-a-decade type talent at WR.
He's far from that.

The worst part of Crab's are the last two bullets. When you don't really need him to (or it's not a crucial part of the game) he'll make a decent play or two.

But when it's a big time game or a big moment in a game he absolutely DISAPPEARS.

I had very high hopes for him and those expectations were readjusted after last season. I felt that adding Moss would light a fire and make him better by taking coverage away from him, but with another injury and a crowded WR corps. his time in SF could be limited.Which I think he wouldn't mind, because he's never shown a passion for the game or for being a 49er.

great points.

To me it was clear when he missed five games as a rookie holding out for more money I knew right then that he was not the man.
He's far from that.

this post is laughable
When you pick in the top 10 you are hoping for a game changer, not just a starter. MC to this point is not a game changer.

/thread.
Dammit Crabs, prove these people wrong!

I know you will.
He's far from that.

Sorry but this is a team game. Our past head coaches and OC's were horrible.Nobody succeeded in our vanilla offense. Frank Gore was the only one who did well all those years and it's fair to say RB usually can put up good numbers despite a horrible offense -- here's looking at you MJD.

I am one of Crabs biggest critics. Although I haven't given up on him and therefore won't call him a bust. A bust is broken and can't be fixed. I think he can turn into that WR we all wanted in the beginning. The offensive minded coach is here now all he has to do is stay healthy.