There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

DHB>>>>>>>>>> bustree
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,355
Originally posted by Nuns:
I like Crabtree, but he certainly isn't the 1 I expected him to be. Just for fun, here are real WR busts over the last decade or so....

1. Carlos Rogers- A long line of bad WR picks by Millen. 2nd overall and didn't amount to anything

2. Mike Williams- Kipers best pick in the draft. Failed in Detroit, made a comeback in Seattle and then ate his way out of league.

3. Troy Williamson- Vikings replaced Randy Moss with this journeyman when they got a 1rst from the Raiders.

4. Reggie Williams- I watched this guy in college and thought he'd be a beast in the NFL. His addictive personality said otherwise

5. Tedd Ginn JR- Our very own pro-bowlesque returner was picked 9th overall and traded a few years later for a 5th round draft pick.

Kinda disagree bout the Ginn, sure hes not as dangerous as a receiver, but hes dangerous every time he returns a punt or kick. Besides hes still playing in this league, he'd be starting for us if we didn't pick up Moss and Manningham. We sure could have used him in the NFC Championship last year.
I dont think it is fair to judge wether michael crabtree is a bust or not. I think he still has alot of poteintal.maybe with good coaching he can still be a dominant player
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Nuns:
I like Crabtree, but he certainly isn't the 1 I expected him to be. Just for fun, here are real WR busts over the last decade or so....

1. Carlos Rogers- A long line of bad WR picks by Millen. 2nd overall and didn't amount to anything

2. Mike Williams- Kipers best pick in the draft. Failed in Detroit, made a comeback in Seattle and then ate his way out of league.

3. Troy Williamson- Vikings replaced Randy Moss with this journeyman when they got a 1rst from the Raiders.

4. Reggie Williams- I watched this guy in college and thought he'd be a beast in the NFL. His addictive personality said otherwise

5. Tedd Ginn JR- Our very own pro-bowlesque returner was picked 9th overall and traded a few years later for a 5th round draft pick.

Kinda disagree bout the Ginn, sure hes not as dangerous as a receiver, but hes dangerous every time he returns a punt or kick. Besides hes still playing in this league, he'd be starting for us if we didn't pick up Moss and Manningham. We sure could have used him in the NFC Championship last year.

I like Ted Jr. I would never select him 9th overall. That is how he appeared on my bust list.
7 catches for 76 yards. Still our leading WR.
He looked great today. He's physical, deceptively quick (not fast straight line speed), and has great hands!
do this s**t again next week and we will talk
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
DHB>>>>>>>>>> bustree


Originally posted by jreff22:
do this s**t again next week and we will talk

Why next week? Because if he has a mediocre game you will claim he is a bust but you can't comment on how good he was today?
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by jreff22:
do this s**t again next week and we will talk

Why next week? Because if he has a mediocre game you will claim he is a bust but you can't comment on how good he was today?

Post-game reaction for Crabtree and Alex Smith are always the same: "show me xyz." It's never "man he did xyz today"
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
DHB>>>>>>>>>> bustree

This is close to a bannable offense. I hope you were joking. Crabs is the man. Best WR on this team by far. Stop the hating.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by jreff22:
do this s**t again next week and we will talk

Why next week? Because if he has a mediocre game you will claim he is a bust but you can't comment on how good he was today?

dont care who the players is..I want back to back showings. He cannot disappear next week, he needs to own Detroit.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by jreff22:
do this s**t again next week and we will talk

Why next week? Because if he has a mediocre game you will claim he is a bust but you can't comment on how good he was today?

Post-game reaction for Crabtree and Alex Smith are always the same: "show me xyz." It's never "man he did xyz today"

I am a fan of Alex but the same goes for him as well, need to see this back to back
Crabs was solid today! Clearly has the potential to be a very good possession receiver, get him the ball 6-7 times a game moving down the field. Eventually get some looks in the end zone or some YAC action. Obviously 1 game is not really a sample size but if he plays like this every week that's 100 catches!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
He looked great today. He's physical, deceptively quick (not fast straight line speed), and has great hands!

could've had another 5 yards and td if alex found him in the corner of the end zone instead of squeezing in that slant to moss