There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

POLL : Is Michael Crabtree a bust?

There are other Michael Crabtree threads for general discussion. But this is mainly a POLL to find out how many out there believe he is a bust. State your reason why you voted the way you did.
no, his numbers have improved every year he has been in the league, thats not the sign of a bust
Plays like a mid-2nd or 3rd rounder.

YEAH I SAID IT.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
There are other Michael Crabtree threads for general discussion. But this is mainly a POLL to find out how many out there believe he is a bust. State your reason why you voted the way you did.

If he keeps putting up #s like last year I would say no. I don't think he will live up to expectations but to be fair most expected too much out of him. Plus people were too harsh on him from the get go mainly due to the holding out and then the injuries. To me it's over the top when people are saying he is faking injuries. One thing he can do better though is be more consistent and show up in the big games.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]
He's not a bust but he is not worth the number 10 pick.
Crabtree is comparable to Robert Meachem. About the same production. Probably a late 1st rounder with a do-over.
I don't know if I would call him a bust. But he is clearly not as good as you would want for a #10 overall pick in the draft. He plays more like a 2nd round guy. Not that huge. Certainly not fast or explosive. Never, ever practices or plays in preseason. His first year holdout and arguments for more money rediculous as they were give you some insight into the mindset. Key drops in big games. Playoff games he plays worse and worse as you go (never a good sign).

IMO he shouldn't have even been a 1st rounder. Much less top 10.
Don't worry guys.

He's on the Alex Smith plan..just wait 3 more years and he will be average
IDK, was Peter Warrick a bust???? Because Crabs reminds me of a slower version of him.
No, not a bust. But not worth the pick.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Don't worry guys.

I don't know if he is a bust, but his foot sure keeps getting busted

Funny how the same people who refused to call Alex Smith a bust after 6 years of no production are calling Crabtree a bust after 3 solid seasons.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Don't worry guys.

good one, lol
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Plays like a mid-2nd or 3rd rounder.

YEAH I SAID IT.

Name the "mid 2nd or 3rd rounder" that you are comparing his production too.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Aug 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM ]