There are 248 users in the forums

Another reason why the 49ers dynasty was the best?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A question was asked at work as to which Superbowl era dynasty was the greatest and why?
the choices were
60's Packers
70's-80's Raiders
70's OR 90's Cowboys
70's Steelers
80's-90's 49ers
2000's Patriots

Now the tricky part is that your reason has to be one that is not commonly used, so lets say your answer was the 49ers because their dynasty lasted 18 years. you would be disqualified because that answer is commonly used.

I got one that I think is pretty good and thought I would run it by you guys and see what you think:

My Answer: The 49ers are the greatest dynasty and here is one reason why. Are the 1990's Cowboys not considered one of the greatest dynasty's? Yes and rightfully so 3 out of 4 Super bowls is quite a feat. The 49ers dynasty of the 80's was so good that it spilled over into the 90's and even though it was beginning to wind down it was still just a notch below the Cowboys and in fact over took the 90's Cowboys for a year in 94 AND put them in the rear view mirror completely in the late 90's. So if a dynasty that is winding down is at or just below a dynasty that is considered one of the all time greatest imagine how good it must of been during the prime of its life...No question, the 49ers had the greatest Superbowl Dynasty ever.

So do you think that's a good answer? anybody got any others I can throw at them
[ Edited by signman on Aug 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM ]
Niners had the most wins of any team in the 80's and in the 90's. The innovations on offense changed the way football was played more than any of the other dynasties.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Aug 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM ]
16 straight years with 10+ wins

16 playoff appearances in 18 years

Our dynasty features the greatest QB (Montana), WR (Rice), and DB (Lott), ever.

49ers won 5 SB's during their dynasty period, which is more than the other teams won during their dynasty.
Perfect sofaking
Originally posted by SofaKing:

49ers won 5 SB's during their dynasty period, which is more than the other teams won during their dynasty.

This.

What other dynasty has accomplished this?

this

superb

+ Head Coach!!
We were so good that Steve Bono looked like a BAWSE
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
We were so good that Steve Bono looked like a BAWSE
i liked the way he looked like montana when he dropped back to pass. that was the big reason why i wanted to trade young to kansas city for derick thomas

• EdEs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

+ Head Coach!!

this
Joe Montana
Since 1980 no team has played in more playoff games than the 49ers. And we had an 8 hear drought. How'd you like them apples.

The patriots shouldn't even be in the discussion imo.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Since 1980 no team has played in more playoff games than the 49ers. And we had an 8 hear drought. How'd you like them apples.

Good Stuff
IMO winning while so many rule and salary( specifically instituted for Eddie D.) changes were made has to count for something. The way the game changed from the first SB to the last showed the ability of this team to adapt and dominate in strategy and performance.

http://nflhealthandsafety.com/commitment/evolution/
Share 49ersWebzone