LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

The Ed Reed - Dashon Goldson Connection

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Ed Reed - Dashon Goldson Connection

Both safeties coming off pro bowl seasons. Both had gutwrenching losses in their respective conference championship games. BOTH play for a Harbaugh and both havining dealt with contract negotiations (or lack thereof) this offseason. A lot of similiarities between the two. So I'm saying right here right now that Dashon Goldson being the young pupil to Ed Reed will also show up for the first day of training camp. What's your take? Looks like you've got until 11:30am to have a legitimate vote.
  • Jiks
Seeing how I don't think he's even signed his tender yet(thus not under contract), he will miss some practices.
Only similarities between the two are

Both are brothas
Both play fs
Both play for a harbaugh

^^^only ones i can think of atm^^^

Reed is under contract i believe and has already said when he plans on arriving at camp. While goldson has an offer on the table with no signature on the line while he hasnt publicly said anything about when he plans on arriving.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Seeing how I don't think he's even signed his tender yet(thus not under contract), he will miss some practices.

In theory, he could sign it tomorrow morning and be in camp that day. It's not uncommon to see player sign a contract and be in practice the same day. Come on now Jiks, glass is half full bro!
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Both are brothas
Both play fs
Both play for a harbaugh

Reed is under contract i believe and has already said when he plans on arriving at camp. While goldson has an offer on the table with no signature on the line while he hasnt publicly said anything about when he plans on arriving.

But he did say he will be there. No other negotiations can take place until after the season because of the ridiculous CBA, so what's the point in holding out. Might as well get to practice early so you don't pull an Aubrayo Franklin.
Originally posted by WesCosOff4Lyf:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Both are brothas
Both play fs
Both play for a harbaugh

But he did say he will be there. No other negotiations can take place until after the season because of the ridiculous CBA, so what's the point in holding out. Might as well get to practice early so you don't pull an Aubrayo Franklin.

Im sure he'll be there but when is the bigger question.

I don't think he's gonna miss time, in the end it's just counter productive.
I'd rather he not show up and have the guys behind him get more reps since their isn't a ton of experience at the backup positions.

He came late last year and was hurt and still had about the year I would expect him to have. Big hits, some missed tackles and bad angles in pass coverage. Still a good year for him though.

Side Note: Ed Reed is one of the greatest safeties to play the game. And arguably the best ever (I know I know...Ronnie Lott, but that's the homer in me talking), so my point is.....Ed Reed and Dashon Goldson have VERY LITTLE in common in that sense.
[ Edited by elhebrewhammer on Jul 25, 2012 at 8:56 PM ]
This thread has merit.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by WesCosOff4Lyf:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

In theory, he could sign it tomorrow morning and be in camp that day. It's not uncommon to see player sign a contract and be in practice the same day. Come on now Jiks, glass is half full bro!
Just callin it howz i seez it. No contract yet and no word at all from him. But if I'm wrong well that's a good thing so it is what it iz.
I want to believe he will be ther but I also wake up every day and look thinking oh he will sighn today. But I'm still going to stay poss. And say he will be ther.

Nothing in comparison to Ed Reed. Reed is a multi pro bowler, where Goldson has had 1 great season, and a few decent seasons. I honestly don't see how anyone can be dumb to want 8M when offered 7M, when you aint worth 6M tender you are gonna sign, whenever that is. I kinda hope he is gone after 2012, he isn't worth the money.
oh the offseason..
What am I agreeing or disagreeing to
A veteran posted this?
Share 49ersWebzone