There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers ! Saints ! The catch 3 ! Set your VCR s DVR s and DVD recorders !

I think i will watch the last 6 min again while i eat my breakfast.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM ]
It was actually good that the Saints scored so quickly on their last TD. Had Whitner made the tackle on Graham. The Saints would have tried to milk that clock before trying for the end zone or last second FG to tied the game. Offense would have been totally helpless in that situation. Instead we got 1:37 to make history and one of the best drive that topped the previous one in the game
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It was actually good that the Saints scored so quickly on their last TD. Had Whitner made the tackle on Graham. The Saints would have tried to milk that clock before trying for the end zone or last second FG to tied the game. Offense would have been totally helpless in that situation. Instead we got 1:37 to make history and one of the best drive that topped the previous one in the game

We were up 5 after the Alex run. So the saints needed a td not a fg.
Originally posted by MarkD:
The following link is the full game via you
tube minus commercials

is there anyone to get video off of youtube? i know you can take music, didn't know if you could also get video or not.
Did any of discuss that we very well could have won this without drama if Alex would have just slid at the 5 yard line instead of scoring?

You're looking at a boring 26-24 victory with only a single timeout remaining for the Saints. In retrospect I'm sure we all love it going down as it did....but in the future, something to keep in mind.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jul 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Did any of discuss that we very well could have won this without drama if Alex would have just slid at the 5 yard line instead of scoring?

You're looking at a boring 26-24 victory with only a single timeout remaining for the Saints. In retrospect I'm sure we all love it going down as it did....but in the future, something to keep in mind.

You don't take points off the board. What if Akers were to miss the chip shot? Than you'd say, if Alex had just ran the ball in, etc.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Did any of discuss that we very well could have won this without drama if Alex would have just slid at the 5 yard line instead of scoring?

You're looking at a boring 26-24 victory with only a single timeout remaining for the Saints. In retrospect I'm sure we all love it going down as it did....but in the future, something to keep in mind.

You don't take points off the board. What if Akers were to miss the chip shot? Than you'd say, if Alex had just ran the ball in, etc.

Something to think about on idle times. There's no way any human being would not have ran it in like Smith did. He didn't intend to score on that play. Just trying to get a first down in that situation. Imagine the adrenaline that occurred when he saw the Staley block and the clear path to the end zone. Short of taking a Howitzer round in the chest, there was no way he was thinking anything other than taking it to the house at that point.
jizz
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Love it when Justin Smith bull rushes Jermon Bushrod into Drew Brees then drags them both down. Justin Smith is an absolute beast!!!

For me, that moment will go down in Niner Lore. I've never seen a more dominate play in all my years watching football.

x2. One of the most mesmerizing and captivating plays I've ever seen. My girlfriend and I were at the game and that happened right in front of us. I just kept tapping her shoulder going "oh my god look at this, look at this!!" Never seen anything like that before.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by MarkD:
The following link is the full game via you
tube minus commercials

is there anyone to get video off of youtube? i know you can take music, didn't know if you could also get video or not.

There are programs that rip videos from youtube.

Search youtube for vids on how to do it
...how about my Beta Max?
Originally posted by Travisty13:
is there anyone to get video off of youtube? i know you can take music, didn't know if you could also get video or not.

try http://keep-tube.com/
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
is there anyone to get video off of youtube? i know you can take music, didn't know if you could also get video or not.

try http://keep-tube.com/
Thank you kindly sir. It worked like a charm. Put it on my ps3 so now I can watch it anytime. Thanks again.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
x2. One of the most mesmerizing and captivating plays I've ever seen. My girlfriend and I were at the game and that happened right in front of us. I just kept tapping her shoulder going "oh my god look at this, look at this!!" Never seen anything like that before.

I was making jokes for days about them having to quad team J. Smith and still not be 100% sure they could stop him. You need a whole offensive line to compete.. lol... front 4?? How about our front 1? lol

Justin doesn't need to force fumbles he can just pick up the QB and carry him into the endzone and spike his ass for the TD. Why separate the ball when you can just carry the whole damn package down the field? lol....
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home