LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Niners on NFLN on 32 of 32 tonight.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dukes never picked us to win the Super Bowl but to represent the NFC in it. He's picking whoever he has as the AFC representative unless he's pulling a complete 180 on his comments bout Alex Smith definitely not winning a SB.

Speaking of which I find it funny that he feels that a Smith led 49ers team is good enough to get through a brutal NFC and get to the Super Bowl but yet not good enough to win it.......huh?!?!
Jamie Dukes has the 49ers in the Superbowl

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Just watched this and I didn't think it was hate at all. Much of what they said was true.

Here's are my thoughts about the season that I've said before around here ......

- the offense MUST do better on 3rd downs and redzone efficiency.

- the defense will fall back a little just given the competition on the schedule

- if the offense just improves 3rd down efficiency to 14th in the league this year and redzone efficiency to say 15th in the league, this really helps the DEFENSE

- Slightly better offense simply means the defense are rested MUCH more during games, means there's a more likely chance the opposing offense makes a mistake that's more costly. The key this year will be taking advantage of momentum and points off turnovers; if we can begin to capitalize on this more than we did last season, this team becomes BETTER without having to maintain a ridiculous turnover margin and needing every lucky break to win.

True! The RZ and 3rd down efficiency was an area of focus (as was the OL pass blocking - we don't suck!). That said, I had more issues with 1st down play calling which often times meant zero or even negative yards making it easy to run blitz on 2nd and 3rd downs. This is an area the OC and year 2 of the installation and Alex, the OL and the new weapons need to advance in big time. With our defense, TO's and ST's play, we won't have many YARDS but we'd all like to see more TD's over FG's.

I'm not sure the defense will fall back though...I believe someone showed that despite the +28 TO ratio, we could have had 50+ if we actually gobbled up those fumbles and didn't drop so many INT's. Probability says we'll regress esp. if the offense opens up (more risk = more INT's) but don't be surprised if we cause as many TO's as last year esp. now that we'll be able to install year 2 of the 3-4 and Fangio knows his players better (and Aldon will be starting).
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
Jamie Dukes has the 49ers in the Superbowl

Just watched this and I didn't think it was hate at all. Much of what they said was true.

Here's are my thoughts about the season that I've said before around here ......

- the defense will fall back a little just given the competition on the schedule

- if the offense just improves 3rd down efficiency to 14th in the league this year and redzone efficiency to say 15th in the league, this really helps the DEFENSE

- Slightly better offense simply means the defense are rested MUCH more during games, means there's a more likely chance the opposing offense makes a mistake that's more costly. The key this year will be taking advantage of momentum and points off turnovers; if we can begin to capitalize on this more than we did last season, this team becomes BETTER without having to maintain a ridiculous turnover margin and needing every lucky break to win.

Agreed. If our offensive improvent makes up for our perceived slight defensive regression we'll be in good shape.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
didnt watch, lol
didnt click, lol

ur wise, lol
JAMIE DUKES PICKS US TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL????
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
JAMIE DUKES PICKS US TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL????

He's aiming for the ultimate jinx
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Agreed. If our offensive improvent makes up for our perceived slight defensive regression we'll be in good shape.
This.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Jamie is just trollin you guys

He's actually a really nice guy. I used to work on his PUT UP YOUR DUKES show. He was great to work with and always kind.

I will say in the last three years, Jamie's new thing has been, "Your offense is only as good as your QB." That's his fallback argument... passing league type of stuff. And one time I remember he did blame the fall of Singletary & Nolan on Alex.

But, you see he is coming around a bit on Alex. If Alex throws for 4,000 yards next year, I'm sure he'd be on the Smitty train. Until then though, he has Alex pegged as a game manager.

Share 49ersWebzone