There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL.com Poll "How many wins will the San Francisco 49ers have in 2012?"

NFL.com has a poll up asking how many games will the 49ers win in 2012. I (being mostly a Homer) hit the 12+, but it can happen

http://www.nfl.com/
I don't care how many we win as long as we win the one we're playing at the Mercedes Benz Superdome in Feburary, 2013.
i say we win the same maybe 1 more game than last year in total.

12-4 you do the math.
People think the defense can't play any better than last year, then project that onto our win-loss schedule for this year. I think they are wrong. This Fangio defense is very capable of playing much better than last year. Maybe they don't get the same turnover ratio but Fangio will get his guys to play wicked defense. Think of the New Orleans Saints defense in the 80's. Just as tough but faster.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
People think the defense can't play any better than last year, then project that onto our win-loss schedule for this year. I think they are wrong. This Fangio defense is very capable of playing much better than last year. Maybe they don't get the same turnover ratio but Fangio will get his guys to play wicked defense. Think of the New Orleans Saints defense in the 80's. Just as tough but faster.

I think a lot of people out there see the 49ers as a team that will regress. Some even think one year wonders. Now, I'm not saying we will get as many wins as our schedule is tougher but I think they are underestimating Harbaugh and the staff as well as our players. I've seen a lot say Alex Smith will go back to his old self as well. Honestly, with our staff and the full off-season I don't see how the offense will be worse and how the defense can't stay elite. To me the only thing against us is our tougher schedule and teams not taking us lightly anymore.

By the way it's 10,500 votes... 20 at 12 or more, 50 percent at 10 or 11, 24 at 8-9 and 7 at 7 wins or less....
  • fly15
  • Veteran
9-7 and a championship game
10-6 sounds about right. We win the division and host a home game in the first round of the playoffs.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I don't care how many we win as long as we win the one we're playing at the Mercedes Benz Superdome in Feburary, 2013.

^This
10-11 is my vote
Our defense will be better next year, even if there are some injuries. Our offense would have to be worse for us to finish with less than 10 wins.
11-5 seems about right.
One huge factor going in our favor is that we have so much depth on our team. Other than DLine, we are in great shape if injuries do happen. Most other teams cant boast that.
Like the Jets and Falcons for example; those teams may project good seasons but if they get hit with even a few injuries, they will have big holes that cant be filled.

And our coaching staff is not getting the credit they deserved. I think the analysts have so under-valued what our coaches put together in only weeks last year that they are calling it as we had so many "lucky bounces" our way. I concur, that with even more experience with our coaches working together, that they will be more prepared for games, and be able to expand parts of our playbook that havnt been opened yet.

The league and the fans are in for a San Francisco Treat this season!
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jul 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM ]

X 2 =

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
One huge factor going in our favor is that we have so much depth on our team. Other than DLine, we are in great shape if injuries do happen. Most other teams cant boast that.
Like the Jets and Falcons for example; those teams may project good seasons but if they get hit with even a few injuries, they will have big holes that cant be filled.

And our coaching staff is not getting the credit they deserved. I think the analysts have so under-valued what our coaches put together in only weeks last year that they are calling it as we had so many "lucky bounces" our way. I concur, that with even more experience with our coaches working together, that they will be more prepared for games, and be able to expand parts of our playbook that havnt been opened yet.

The league and the fans are in for a San Francisco Treat this season!

i think our dline actually has decent depth. We're screwed for our DB's though if an injury plague bites.
Originally posted by denali22:
i think our dline actually has decent depth. We're screwed for our DB's though if an injury plague bites.

We will have decent depth at CB if Cox pans out. We have three very good CB's in Rogers, Brown, and Culliver who is going to improve on his rookie season. If Cox and Brock can mature the way that Brown did, we will be solid at the CB position. Now safety is a huge concern. The only safety we have behind Goldson and Whitner is Spillman. Jones is purely a ST player at this point.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home