LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Niners will start the season 0-2 best case scenario 1-1 (ARTICLE)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hilarious
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
This and f**k that guy

As someone said once said, "anything can happen". But the guy's reasoning a a bit askew.
I don't mind these articles, after all they are opinion based, but still an opinion needs to be substantiated. Only saying that the team added aging talent and how the +28 TO will not be achieved is plain stupid. How about the added speed, the revamped WR corps and bringing back the 11 defensive starters.
People hate us when we're good, laugh at us when we're horribly bad & generally disrespect the franchise too much. Thanks East Coast Media.

(Sometimes, I can't believe I live over here in the East...)
[ Edited by Candlestick_Monsta on Jul 11, 2012 at 6:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Candlestick_Monsta:
People hate us when we're good, laugh at us when we're horribly bad & generally disrespect the franchise too much. Thanks East Coast Media.

(Sometimes, I can't believe I live over here in the East...)

Got to take Jim's attitude on this, man. Let em hate... f**k em! " Who's got it better than us ?!? "
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
what if we went 0-0-2??!!!

+1
BTW, interesting point about "someone finding a tonic for our D"....

I think what's fascinating is that our rush D was best in the league last year, irrespective of turnovers. We might have gotten a few breaks to keep that streak going to week 16 for the TD, but worst case we would have only allowed 3-4 rushing TDs the entire year way better than anyone else.

Shut down the run, force offenses to be one dimensional. How will teams counteract this?

The 100 yard/game rushing streak was broken after close to 35-40 games going back to the '09 season.

Only real concern is the secondary. Hopefully we get better in that area, but right now pretty good. I don't want to keep seeing Victor Cruz tear up our secondary if our pass rush is less than suffocating.

Teams will study us, but remember we're not bringing in the '11 defense, but the '12 which will know the playbook better. I think we stay ahead of the curve.

End of the day, know this:

When the games really count, expect some world class D like you saw in the NFCC. Our D will always rise to the occasion.

This is the year our offense will take it to the next level.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Got to take Jim's attitude on this, man. Let em hate... f**k em! " Who's got it better than us ?!? "

True!
The Packers and the Lions are one-dimensional offenses, but very good at that one dimension. The Niners d creates turnovers, the special teams are the best in the league and the Niners can run the ball. There are two additional things that will help the Niners win both games plus make a run at the Super Bowl:

1) Convert more 3rd down opportunities - this will make their offense much more effective.
2) Convert more in the red zone - less FG's and more TD's could make this team dominant.

Adam Rank can bite me with this prediction.
its not how we start, its how we finish

49ers 38 Packers 10
49ers 42 Lions 17

It's in the bag.
Starting 0-2 against 2 strong playoff teams from last year isn't far fetched, Not sure why folks get so bent out of shape over one guy's opinion but then want your opinion to be taken as the gospel.
After two games the Niners go 3-0. Universe explodes.
I take all these off-season rumors and opinions with a grain of salt... The Patriots were thought to be a one hit wonder after they won their first Suberbowl and where considered underdogs by most experts for the first six games of the next season. I believe they went 6 and 0 for the first six games and the rest is history. Opinions mean nothing but I'll take this kind of blackboard material with Harbaugh all day long.
I hope everyone keeps underestimating us.
Share 49ersWebzone