There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you think ,we will need Akers to contribute with 40+ field goals

To win as many games we won last season? I know that our expectations for this coming season is high,but I read some posts of zoners saying that we can beat easily.packers,new England,new Orleans,and jets AT HOME.....NFL is the most unpredictable of all the sports,you cant predict scores based in your logic....just my tought.....go niners...
If akers HAS to put up 40+ again...then somebody has to get fired.

Gotta have a shat storm of injuries to justify akers putting up those nubers again

And upon review of your op you've been drinking too
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jul 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
yup
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
To win as many games we won last season? I know that our expectations for this coming season is high,but I read some posts of zoners saying that we can beat easily.packers,new England,new Orleans,and jets AT HOME.....NFL is the most unpredictable of all the sports,you cant predict scores based in your logic....just my tought.....go niners...

don't know about 40 but the effectiveness of his kicking YES
If Akers kickers 40 Field Goals this year with the WR Core we have.. Alex Smith will be filing for unemployment.
Only a fool would think a kicker will not matter in the coming season. Good ol' Ray Wersching frequently held the fate of the dynasty on his foot--and sadly, so did Mike Cofer.

We're heading into the season with a question mark O-line, a bunch of "pieces," and a QB that few would call elite. Offenses composed of pieces, don't tend to ignite out of the box--if at all. Not exactly elite QBs are even less likely to make a wave with "pieces," let alone with an O-line that may or may not be better. Granted, there's always a chance that we'll catch fire...but it's foolhardy to suggest that the kicker won't be a key part in this undertaking.

To my mind, Akers is the only sure thing we have on the offensive side of the ball, aside from Frank Gore's desire to win or die trying.

The Packers and Saints were and are better teams. That's our goal, and we'll need a brilliant kicker to beat them.
It depends on how fast we can gel.

The OLine will be key - pass protection and running lanes will dictate a lot.

Having Akers is like having 2 aces in the hole.

To directly answer your question - No, not 40.
I don't think we'll need to lean on him nearly as much as 2011. Hopefully our FG's Attempted (52) and XP's Attempted (34) will be inverted in 2012.
Probably not but I don't care if he does honestly as long as they win.
he'll break his points record again...with only PATs.

Originally posted by Allx9er:
If akers HAS to put up 40+ again...then somebody has to get fired.

Gotta have a shat storm of injuries to justify Akers putting up those numbers again

And upon review of your op you've been drinking too

Got that right.
Originally posted by Fricker:
If Akers kickers 40 Field Goals this year with the WR Core we have.. Alex Smith will be filing for unemployment.

This
yes

I expect the 2nd team offense to be out there during the 2nd half, because we "blowed" teams out in the 1st half
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

This
yes, 17 tds will not do it... go Akers
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:

This
yes, 17 tds will not do it... go Akers

I suspect our entire offense will be improved.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home