LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 416 users in the forums

Crabtree looking sharp in camp

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
IMO he can never be elite because lacks top end speed. At best he can be a solid #2 guy.

I see him as a very crafty deceptive receiver who could turn into a Biletnikoff type guy--great hands, great nifty movement. Freddy was considered too un-athletic to be a receiver...until he became known as the best...until Rice. As I said...an optimist!
Originally posted by DirtyP:
IMO he can never be elite because lacks top end speed. At best he can be a solid #2 guy.

Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson do not have elite top end speed. Neither does Hakeem Nicks, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson or Anquan Boldin. Those guys were all are or were at one point considered elite #1 receivers.

How many decades of players, stats, evidence will it take before the "speed" thing finally takes a rest?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
How many decades of players, stats, evidence will it take before the "speed" thing finally takes a rest?

Jerry Rice...case closed
Originally posted by DirtyP:

Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson do not have elite top end speed. Neither does Hakeem Nicks, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson or Anquan Boldin. Those guys were all are or were at one point considered elite #1 receivers.

lacking in speed can be fine if you are great in other areas...blocking doesn't count
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:

Jerry Rice...case closed

If Jerry did not have his work ethic, he would probably be something like Crabtree.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Jerry Rice...case closed

If Jerry had a broken foot for 60% of his career, he would probably be something like Crabtree.
fixed
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Jerry Rice...case closed

If Jerry had a broken foot for 60% of his career, he would probably be something like Crabtree.
fixed

maybe a don't draft injured players philosophy is in order...........

s**t we drafted Looney
No, no, no. We don't swap for Dez , big Jer gives us a #1 and #2, and Coach takes the deal. Big Jer sucks eggs trying to unload Dez.

Actually, I am hoping for craps to have a huge yr and help us win the SB....then we unload him.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM ]
I am really hoping Crab's has a dramatic upswing this year, because I find myself thinking of him as a huge waste of potential. He is probably the most physically gifted guy on our squad at wideout next to Moss in his prime, but he just seems soft and a bit lazy. He is a nice enough kid, actually a much better team guy than he was predicted to be comming out of school, but his potential is so much greater than a decent complimentary piece. He could be a star, but there is alway some excuse why he cant practice for all of the preseason and those missed reps show when real games roll around. I am sorry you cant complain the the QB isnt " throwing you open" when you dont spend the time needed for that same QB to trust that you will get open.

All I want is for him to get his butt out on the practice field and live up to his potential..and he can. This isnt a case of a guy who has all the heart and brains, but not quite enough talent...this is a kid who could be something special and seems content to be just " good enough ".
Is he back yet?

I"m looking forward to crabs this year i'm actually going to buy a jersey this month, he will come through for us
  • Jiks
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Is he back yet?

Crabtree was weaving in and out of cones Saturday and otherwise doing a lot of change-of-direction work with strength coach Mark Uyeyama. That is, it looks like he's very close to returning to practice. It could happen today, in fact.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/08/five-observations-from-49ers-training-camp.html#storylink=cpy
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
WR Michael Crabtree returns to 49ers practice field this morning.http://bit.ly/RtpQcX

Expand Reply Retweeted Favorite

Crabtree is back!
Originally posted by Ajanke:
WR Michael Crabtree returns to 49ers practice field this morning.http://bit.ly/RtpQcX

Crabtree is back!
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Crabtree is back!

Share 49ersWebzone