LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Crabtree looking sharp in camp

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Crabtree will continue to command a starting WR role on this team until he is unseated by Manningham / Ginn / Williams / Jenkins. At this point, the only receiver I've heard having a better offseason is Moss.

So until further notice (even with his injury), Crabtree remains a starter. Its just another Zone overreaction. Let's see how TC goes before we start suggesting ousting Crabtree. I know a lot of us have been critical of his lack of participation during pre-season, but he has continued to improve and still has more WR skills than anyone on this team minus Moss, who is one of the best ever.

You're right even if Crabs in a wheel chair he deserves to start !

sarcasm!?
just a bit

So you don't think Crabs deserves the starting spot?
Crabtree will continue to command a starting WR role on this team until he is unseated by Manningham / Ginn / Williams / Jenkins. At this point, the only receiver I've heard having a better offseason is Moss.

So until further notice (even with his injury), Crabtree remains a starter. Its just another Zone overreaction. Let's see how TC goes before we start suggesting ousting Crabtree. I know a lot of us have been critical of his lack of participation during pre-season, but he has continued to improve and still has more WR skills than anyone on this team minus Moss, who is one of the best ever.

You're right even if Crabs in a wheel chair he deserves to start !

sarcasm!?
just a bit

So you don't think Crabs deserves the starting spot?
if he doesn't participate at all this preseason/Camp, then no...but that's just me talking
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM ]
if he doesn't participate at all this preseason/Camp, then no...but that's just me talking

That would be a different outcome than any other year. Every other year, Crabtree has stepped right into the starting #1 spot, even after missing extended time.
I long for the days when 49er fans supported all the players, even the second stringers, even when a first stringer such as Mike Wilson blew plays and wasn't an all world talent.

Instead of this little fan b***hing contest we have now.

• THEB
  • Veteran
That would be a different outcome than any other year. Every other year, Crabtree has stepped right into the starting #1 spot, even after missing extended time.

That was before we had moss and manningham. crabtree better lose his spot if he doesnt participate.
Is it time to change the title of this thread yet?
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
I long for the days when 49er fans supported all the players, even the second stringers, even when a first stringer such as Mike Wilson blew plays and wasn't an all world talent.

SO fans shouldn't be critical at all of any players? 49er fans know what talent is and what it looks like. We shouldnt ever settle for mediocrity. Although i will admit alot of things are prematurely blown out of proportion with todays Internet and 24/7 coverage of teams. Fans do however have the right to be critical of players they feel are under performing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i believe in supporting all niners untill they start giving you a reason not to. lots of examples in that,, kwayme harris,, chilo. crabtree is also walking down that road.it is not against the law to be critical of our own players or even the coaches
Originally posted by cciowa:

i believe in supporting all niners untill they start giving you a reason not to. lots of examples in that,, kwayme harris,, chilo. crabtree is also walking down that road.it is not against the law to be critical of our own players or even the coaches

Agreed. Praise were praise is due. But criticism were it's due as well. So long as he's a 49ers I'll support him. But that don't mean I'll make excuses for him. The criticism Crabs is getting is duly earned. And until he shows different fans will continue the "b***hing".
Originally posted by NinerGM:

I'm interested to see how training camp turns out, but at this point, with Crabtree's notorious slow start to the season when he misses significant time during camp, other players and the offense as a whole is more likely to pass him by than in previous years if things continue in this way.

Agree with this and believe the offense will be firing on all cylinders this fall, unlike last fall when they were still learning the plays. Players won't have the leeway to miss training camp and still not be far behind their competitors...and that is as it should be. I really hope MC can get on the practice field as much as possible this TC as it will be fun to watch him play with real talent at the other WR positions.

^^ wont be as big of a deal in the past as this time he doesnt have to learn a whole new playbook
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
^^ wont be as big of a deal in the past as this time he doesnt have to learn a whole new playbook
Crabs can know the playbook all he wants. But if he's not in camp this season his presumed #1 status will be in serious jeopardy.
He's going to put a boot on and limp around until the regular season starts. Then he will take it off....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's going to put a boot on and limp around until the regular season starts. Then he will take it off....

Naw, he's gonna play in a preseason game this year. It's just a strain this time as opposed to a broken foot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Naw, he's gonna play in a preseason game this year. It's just a strain this time as opposed to a broken foot.
kush, i like your optimistic tone but i am more inclined to agree with san diego at this point. the more good reports i hear from camp on our wide outs, even the lowly undrafted guys, the less i am starting to care about crabtree
Share 49ersWebzone