LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Is the 49er Championship Window Closing?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Didn't it just open?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Didn't it just open?

thinking the same. didnt want to listen to the podcast considering the question doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
thinking the same. didnt want to listen to the podcast considering the question doesn't make sense.

The podcast is more of a discussion of the make-up of the team and the impact certain players (read Justin Smith) have on the team. You should give it a listen. Really is our best yet. And I'm in it. And I'm hilarious.
yeah justin smith isnt getting younger
Originally posted by English:
No

/thread
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by strickac:
Not even close.

We're actually a pretty young team. Justin has a few years left, so I'm not too worried there. Drafting some depth at DE would be smart though. Carlos Is getting older for a CB, but he also has a couple years. He wouldn't be too hard to replace anyway. Moss will leave a void, but we've added depth to the WR corps.

I'm more concerned about losing coaches than players.
Easy for you to say, but quality number one corners can be very hard to replace.

I've seen enough of him over the years to realize that he's not a rare player. Culliver, Brock, Brown, and Cox are pretty solid players. Our front seven generates enough pressure to help our DBs out.

Rogers is the best of the group, but Brown isnt far behind him. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown outplays him this year either. Culliver has shown flashes of his playmaking ability. He's. Developing into a solid player for us. Reports lead us to believe that Cox is looking solid at nickel and sticking with guys in the slot.

Losing Rogers in a couple years wouldn't be that big of a deal.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Middle-age? Ya think? Had not really compared with other stud DL.

Bryant Young retired when he was 35 yrs old.
Reggie White played and finished up at 39 yrs old.

(couple of reference points)

Hmmm... Justin does keep himself in amazing shape these days. Maybe he will go another 5 yrs or so strong.

Hmm...quickly did a check on DTs who are currently doing well and the age range was 27 to 37, so middle aged it is. Of course that was a small sample that came off the top of my head so it may be way off of average. But he could have six good years...all depends on injuries.

Upon further review I seem to have picked players I knew well who were in the upper reaches age-wise. Still, Justin keeps himself in good shape and I can see him playing into his late thirties...and I certainly hope so.
Didn't it just open?

Originally posted by dRtyrottencowboysfan:
The podcast is more of a discussion of the make-up of the team and the impact certain players (read Justin Smith) have on the team. You should give it a listen. Really is our best yet. And I'm in it. And I'm hilarious.

the only thing hilarious about it is you guys think its good enough to publish for general consumption
Didn't it just open?

Yeah it just opened.

ALL the starters are very young except, Moss, justin smith, Rogers and Gore.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM ]

Originally posted by drunk49er:
Originally posted by dRtyrottencowboysfan:

the only thing hilarious about it is you guys think its good enough to publish for general consumption

there is a lot nicer ways that could've been said
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Didn't it just open?

Yeah it just opened.

ALL the starters are very young except, Moss, justin smith, Rogers and Gore.

Yeah seriously you can't be good for 1 year than all of a sudden be headed downhill with everybody returning + upgrades
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
No

dis
lol...it just opened. Justin Smith and Carlos Rogers are the only core guys over 30. The rest of the core is pretty young. We've got a 5 year window at minimum.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Didn't it just open?

My exact reaction.
Share 49ersWebzone