There are 293 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ray McDonald most underrated player in the NFL.

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Partially tore my bicep 2 years ago. It is a b***h of an injury. You have to choices surgery or let the tendon heal on its own. You can live a normal life without the surgery, but you loose about 40% of your strength in the bicep. So if your old or sedentary, you don't need surgery. The partial bicep tendon will re-attach itself in a non-optimal location.

The surgery is simple but the recovery is a b****. 1st your wear a brace, that allows flexion/extension to a degree. You work your way through your range of motion and then you start with weights (a can of corn). It takes about 6 months for a non-professional athlete to get back to full strength.

Ray will play with a brace which will he keep from hyper extending/flexing the muscle. Amazing that football players play like this, their is a reason why ex-players are suing the league.

Was yours a proximal or distal tear?
Isnt this the same type of injury Justin Smith suffered against the Pats last season? If so, I dont see this helping Ray's productivity on the field this Sunday.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Isnt this the same type of injury Justin Smith suffered against the Pats last season? If so, I dont see this helping Ray's productivity on the field this Sunday.

they say its not and they say it is not as serious but i can not believe it will not adversely affect his play and if its a small tear , it could be a big rip with just one play. that is why i really wish we would sign some cheap free agent to help us with our razor thin depth till the kids start to get some time.
Originally posted by cciowa:

they say its not and they say it is not as serious but i can not believe it will not adversely affect his play and if its a small tear , it could be a big rip with just one play. that is why i really wish we would sign some cheap free agent to help us with our razor thin depth till the kids start to get some time.

I am hoping the doctors know it can't get any worse and it won't have a big impact his play. Just.a little nervous after Justin Smith though.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Distal. Doctor did not even re-attch it correct. I am still missing the ball of the tendon a the elbow on the ulnar side where it meets the tendon. Still pretty strong, only noticeably weaker when I do single handed preacher curls.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I am hoping the doctors know it can't get any worse and it won't have a big impact his play. Just.a little nervous after Justin Smith though.

me to and we have less depth right now than we did then. thank god the team signed dorsey
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Distal. Doctor did not even re-attch it correct. I am still missing the ball of the tendon a the elbow on the ulnar side where it meets the tendon. Still pretty strong, only noticeably weaker when I do single handed preacher curls.

Ahh ok. Thanks. The good thing is that distal is much worse than proximal (not in your case of course). I now know this now due to my extensive WebMD studies since last night

Justin tore his triceps, which is a significant difference for a d-lineman since they are mostly pushing and extending rather than pulling. Obviously it's not good regardless, but it won't be completely debilitating like Justin's injury was.
hows this dude doing? i hope hes back for seattle at the least...tje is looking solid and improving but we definitely need ray mac back soon to make this playoff push