There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ray McDonald most underrated player in the NFL.

Well sh*t, that's not the dodged bullet I was thinking of. I really think they should let this guy rest for a bit. The last thing they need is this thing getting worse and him losing arm strength.
Originally posted by dhp318:
biceps are not as important as tris

How is that? D lineman grab and pull in addition to pushing/extending. I've had a couple partial tears some I could play with and some I couldn't. Granted there are different levels of severity but I won't be surprised if this hinders his performance.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Well sh*t, that's not the dodged bullet I was thinking of. I really think they should let this guy rest for a bit. The last thing they need is this thing getting worse and him losing arm strength.

Yes, let him rest, hopefully he can be fine after the bye
Originally posted by defenderDX:

This isn't something that heals on it's own. He needs surgery to repair it.

Don't see how resting him helps outside of not just to give him rest.
Does anyone know if a partial, proximal tear can get worse, or is it something that can't really get any worse? The below article was helpful in better understanding the type of tear. This one indicates proximal tears rarely require surgery
http://www.docresponse.com/diagnoses/orthopedics/proximal-biceps-tendon-rupture-at-the-shoulder/
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Better than him playing now
Originally posted by SportsFan:

It is something that heals on its own according to this
http://www.docresponse.com/diagnoses/orthopedics/proximal-biceps-tendon-rupture-at-the-shoulder/
Does anyone know if a partial, proximal tear can get worse, or is it something that can't really get any worse? The below article was helpful in better understanding the type of tear. This one indicates proximal tears rarely require surgery

I remember one time on Boy Meets World, Mr Feeny was explaing to Corey that friendships are like leather and if you don't address them problem (fixing the tear) it's a lot easier for it to get worse. So he took out a piece of leather and tried to rip it. It didn't work. And then he cut it and tried to rip it and RIIIIP.

So it's my professional opinion that he immediately gets surgery before it gets worse.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

I remember one time on Boy Meets World, Mr Feeny was explaing to Corey that friendships are like leather and if you don't address them problem (fixing the tear) it's a lot easier for it to get worse. So he took out a piece of leather and tried to rip it. It didn't work. And then he cut it and tried to rip it and RIIIIP.

So it's my professional opinion that he immediately gets surgery before it gets worse.

Lol. I worked from home the other day and watched a Boy Meets World marathon. That Mr. Feeney is a wise man
i'd let him rest the next 3 weeks vs the Tards, Titans and Jags and then the bye week. That would be a 4 week rest and into the stretch run he should be somewhat healthier.
Activate him but try to sit him.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Lol. I worked from home the other day and watched a Boy Meets World marathon. That Mr. Feeney is a wise man

I heard Baalke does his best scouting and player personnel moves right after a good old episode of Boy Meets World.
Man we have bad luck with D Linemen and WR's. They are always hurt. We really need Dial and Carradine. Enough sitting now. They need to be ready now. We need them now.

Glad to see he is willing to play through it. But his long term health is important. We need him to be a long term player on that DL in the future.

I'd say, let him play against the Tards and the Jags. Activate Carradine ASAP. Then let McDonald get the surgury to repair it. He'd be done for the year, but playing the next two weeks would mean we wouldn't have to throw Carradine into the fire until week 10 against the Panthers.
Partially tore my bicep 2 years ago. It is a b***h of an injury. You have to choices surgery or let the tendon heal on its own. You can live a normal life without the surgery, but you loose about 40% of your strength in the bicep. So if your old or sedentary, you don't need surgery. The partial bicep tendon will re-attach itself in a non-optimal location.

The surgery is simple but the recovery is a b****. 1st your wear a brace, that allows flexion/extension to a degree. You work your way through your range of motion and then you start with weights (a can of corn). It takes about 6 months for a non-professional athlete to get back to full strength.

Ray will play with a brace which will he keep from hyper extending/flexing the muscle. Amazing that football players play like this, their is a reason why ex-players are suing the league.