There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Justin Smith #17 on top 100

Link to the video commentary from the top 100 show, NOT Jamie Dukes commentary:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d829fe057/The-Top-100-Players-of-2012-Justin-Smith
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Link to the video commentary from the top 100 show, NOT Jamie Dukes commentary:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d829fe057/The-Top-100-Players-of-2012-Justin-Smith

I liked Donald Penn's comments about when they blew us out he was still playing, and when we blew them out he went all out. I love Justin. One of the most underrated DEs in NFL history. Never gets credits he deserves, because he isn't a double digit sack guy. More to a good player than Sacks for a defensive guy.
I love that dude.
Duke's wasn't bashing Smith the way people made it out here. He did say he is a great player. But the guy to his left put him at 6 overall in his top 10 and that is what Jamie didn't agree with.

Dukes is still a f*ggot though.
I just try to figure out the biased against this team from some fans. I mean I know there is being honest and trying to approach football honestly. Damn though taking the side of the enemy over your own? s**t its fine to be a little biased that is what we are supposed to do as fans. Let it be. Man 6 or 7 years the 9ers were the bottom of the NFL and I was taking their side arguing for players who were pretty much worthless, but s**t they were 49ers at least.

I mean cmon would any of you guys trade Willis or J Smith for ANYBODY in the NFL? I mean anybody... you can have Calvin Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Brady, either Manning, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitz, Demarcus Ware, Revis, Terrell Suggs, Andre Johnson, Ed Reed, Welker, Ray Rice.. any of those guys, you gonna throw either of those boys to the dogs for any of them? Hell no.

At this point I wouldn't trade Alex Smith for Cam Newton. I am sure I will catch some s**t for that but f**k Cam and the Panthers. This rookie makes the top 100 and doesn't hit over .500 wins? Jesus that pisses me off.

Also Tebow made the list... but Alex didn't ...... jesus.
[ Edited by BayArea on Jun 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by BayArea:
I just try to figure out the biased against this team from some fans. I mean I know there is being honest and trying to approach football honestly. Damn though taking the side of the enemy over your own? s**t its fine to be a little biased that is what we are supposed to do as fans. Let it be. Man 6 or 7 years the 9ers were the bottom of the NFL and I was taking their side arguing for players who were pretty much worthless, but s**t they were 49ers at least.

I mean cmon would any of you guys trade Willis or J Smith for ANYBODY in the NFL? I mean anybody... you can have Calvin Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Brady, either Manning, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitz, Demarcus Ware, Revis, Terrell Suggs, Andre Johnson, Ed Reed, Welker, Ray Rice.. any of those guys, you gonna throw either of those boys to the dogs for any of them? Hell no.

At this point I wouldn't trade Alex Smith for Cam Newton. I am sure I will catch some s**t for that but f**k Cam and the Panthers. This rookie makes the top 100 and doesn't hit over .500 wins? Jesus that pisses me off.

and you're officially a complete homer and not even worth arguing with anymore
I said he was once in a lifetime. Can you argue that? Nice first post.... Got to have a slight suspicion you might be another user who just created an account. You ain't that drunk guy from above are you? Oh ok. .... good.... sorry for the doubt.

Ray Lewis was better at this point in their respective careers. A lot of old timers would take Butkus over him too. I think he's more at the Singletary level at this point.

I would trade either one for aaron rogers without blinking. Trading both for Rogers is even arguable.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Ray Lewis was better at this point in their respective careers. A lot of old timers would take Butkus over him too. I think he's more at the Singletary level at this point.

He is much more physically gifted and more versatile than Singletary ever was
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM ]

in terms of being an athlete, lewis and willis are dead even. in terms of leadership and intensity, that's where lewis has made himself a hofer and willis will probably go down in the tier just short of the hall. not saying willis can't make the hall, but he'll need a few rings at a minimum to be in the conversation.

butkus and singletary wish they had the athleticism of willis. singletary played only between the guards because he wasn't enough of an athlete to play tackle to tackle, whereas willis is true sideline to sideline. and butkus, well, he was white.
He is so sexy
Originally posted by drunk49er:

in terms of being an athlete, lewis and willis are dead even. in terms of leadership and intensity, that's where lewis has made himself a hofer and willis will probably go down in the tier just short of the hall. not saying willis can't make the hall, but he'll need a few rings at a minimum to be in the conversation.

butkus and singletary wish they had the athleticism of willis. singletary played only between the guards because he wasn't enough of an athlete to play tackle to tackle, whereas willis is true sideline to sideline. and butkus, well, he was white.

Your crazy. If Willis keeps it up he can be the most decorated LB of all time
young2rice, i think you are going to be pleasantly surprised to see how much actually having a receiving corps affects QB play. I can see our Qb have double the TDs and same for INTs. 34 TDs wouldn't be a bad # and would've won us the SB last yr. Hard to complete passes to one guy, vernon, and craps who just disappeared in playoffs. That in effect was a one man receiving corps, and we still damn near won. Heck no, I wouldn't trade either p52 or justin for rodgers. Our QB is going to be just fine. He got his OC/HC, and he got his receivers. The rest will be written this yr. The Mario and Moss pickups were just insurance policies, which ended up being starters...or almost starters. Coach H wasn't about to go into another playoff season with one receiver...and he is a TE. As for trading p 52 AND justin for rodgers, you must be kidding. La Michael out of the backfield in RZ and on 3rd down swing passes or underhand pitches are going to make you forget the rodgers statement.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
young2rice, i think you are going to be pleasantly surprised to see how much actually having a receiving corps affects QB play. I can see our Qb have double the TDs and same for INTs. 34 TDs wouldn't be a bad # and would've won us the SB last yr. Hard to complete passes to one guy, vernon, and craps who just disappeared in playoffs. That in effect was a one man receiving corps, and we still damn near won. Heck no, I wouldn't trade either p52 or justin for rodgers. Our QB is going to be just fine. He got his OC/HC, and he got his receivers. The rest will be written this yr. The Mario and Moss pickups were just insurance policies, which ended up being starters...or almost starters. Coach H wasn't about to go into another playoff season with one receiver...and he is a TE. As for trading p 52 AND justin for rodgers, you must be kidding. La Michael out of the backfield in RZ and on 3rd down swing passes or underhand pitches are going to make you forget the rodgers statement.

I'm expecting big things from the offense as well. We have great weapons. Hopefully it all gels together. Im not expecting a 35+ TDs. More like 25, which is really good.

And trading either one for Rogers could work. Trading both, i said, would be arguable. I don't think i'd do it either, but there are people who would.
GO JUSTIN SMITH!!!