There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How good is Ahmad Brooks?

Originally posted by SealTeam6:
He is a secret, cause after 7 years he has yet to reach his college hype. Never made a pro- bowl, never will. On occasion he steps up but it is too sporadic.
Like him, but alway wanted more from him

Not sure what you expect...he's already top 3, at least, maybe #1 best SAM OLB in the entire league already. If you are expecting him to put up WILL-like (Aldon Smith) sack numbers in the 3-4 then you may just not understand the big differences in responsibilities between the two positions esp. in OUR defense.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. MD has posted lots if negative stuff on or about AB. I guess it's safe to say MD was dead wrong.

Weird....I remember MD being big on him pre draft. He loved that the guy returned kicks...showed how explosive an athlete he was
How's his shoulder doing?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
How's his shoulder doing?

I'm sure it's fine b/c he hurt it the first quarter of the Atlanta game and went on and played the rest of the game including plays that would affect his shoulder (crushing Ryan's own shoulder/AC joint), batting down passes, rush defense, etc.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Not sure what you expect...he's already top 3, at least, maybe #1 best SAM OLB in the entire league already. If you are expecting him to put up WILL-like (Aldon Smith) sack numbers in the 3-4 then you may just not understand the big differences in responsibilities between the two positions esp. in OUR defense.

I agree.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. MD has posted lots if negative stuff on or about AB. I guess it's safe to say MD was dead wrong.

Weird....I remember MD being big on him pre draft. He loved that the guy returned kicks...showed how explosive an athlete he was

Yep, MD was big on AB.
The greatest linebackers corp in NFL history sounds great... I hope we can keep them until they retire
Ahmad Brooks sister was my computer information systems teacher in highschool.

One thing about Ahmad Brooks he pancakes people. He's always playing downhill and has a knack for coming up with the big play. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he has a monster game in the SB.
San Francisco 49ers' Ahmad Brooks says he has shoulder sprain

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks said he suffered a left shoulder sprain during the team's NFC Championship Game victory over the Atlanta Falcons, but he's confident he'll play Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII.

Brooks said he has a Grade 1 acromioclavicular joint sprain in the shoulder, which he suffered in the second quarter against the Falcons. He said he tweaked his shoulder again near the end of the game when he hit Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

Brooks said he could have played last Sunday if there was a game and that he missed some practice time last week.

In 16 games this season, Brooks recorded 34 tackles and 6½ sacks.
Originally posted by Constantine:
The greatest linebackers corp in NFL history sounds great... I hope we can keep them until they retire

GIve them about 4 years together with a ring should cement them as the greatest linebacking corp of all time.

f**k the steelers.
We need to start working on replacing this guy ASAP. I think this is something a lot of people are overlooking. He is the biggest weakness on our team outside of free safety, and when he needed to pick up the pass rushing slack in the playoffs when both Smiths were playing with injuries, he didn't. As a matter a fact, he has never been much of a pass rushing presence totaling only 26.5 sacks throughout his whole career. At 29 years old, he has already peaked, with his best season being in 2011 when he had 7 sacks and 2012 he had 6.5. In 2014, his cap hit will be up to 7.5 million and in 2015 it will be up to 8.5 million. With Kaepernick and Crabtree extensions being of paramount importance while surrounding them with an excellent supporting cast, Ahmad Brooks needs to restructure and take a massive pay cut or get go play somewhere else. Can't afford to overpay for his lack of production. We need to find a better pass rusher to pair opposite of Aldon Smith, and by generating more pressure we can help negate the loss of Goldson on our secondary and get more turn overs.

Before you post, please realize I am trying to point out the huge cap figure for the following 2 seasons versus his production. This is an area that will be a need next season with our young stars about to get their first big paydays, and if you haven't noticed QBs are getting almost 20 million a year and Crabtree will want top 5 receiver money. I understand this is now the Brooks appreciation, lol.
[ Edited by NTeply49 on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]
LMFAO

Yeah next we can work on canning Alex Boone also...... Believe it or not Ahmad Brooks was truly the unsung hero for this team many times this last season and is the perfect compliment to play opposite of Aldon Smith...
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Let this one roll out for a little bit I actually would like to hear other fans stance on this, just keep an eye on it