LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Brooks is decent and he has a great first step. If there is an off sides it is 90% of the time him though cause he guesses a lot. He is big and fast and a good tackler. I think he would be good as a ILBer. But, Until Lemonier has proven himself more at stopping the run and in coverage Brooks will start.

This is going to be his last year as a 9er though. His salary is too high next season. Almost $10mill after his restructure, He will most likely be cut, take less pay, or be traded to a team in need of a complete OLBer who does have good QB pressure skills. I just hope if it is a trade it is better than a 7th rd pick again.

Wow. Brooks will earn 10 millions? s**t.. yeah. Thinking about take him cut moneys or trade it for 1st round. Brooks is cost trouble and stupid punishment as foul. . They give them play a again 1st from ravens at chamionship and threw the td.. it was fault by brooks. . . I was blame him s**t at Raven about 2 yrs ago.. he didn't well against at seahawks

You guys have some stats to back up your claims?

BuZzB28...SMH. You're embarrasing our fan base. Stop!

agreed. Pretty Sure a lot of our offsides penalties were on Aldon as well
he needs to restructure his contract and give some of the money back
he has done absolutely nothing in pass rush these 3 games
nothing
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
nothing

He's awesome at hands to the face penalties, then again, he only had one today :(
Yea I think he has peaked as a player.
Not good at all
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
nothing

He's awesome at hands to the face penalties, then again, he only had one today :(
the fact that he came into camp out of shape is all we need to really know about how he feels about this season.

that in itself is a huge red flag.
Looks to me like Brooks is back in the shape he should have been in at the beginning of the year now after having a cpl good weeks in a row. We really need him to play at an All-Pro level and I fully expect his play to continue to be at top level which is huge for us even with some reinforcements on their way on the defensive side of the ball.

Question for AB, I thought Brooks re-did his contract this off season to lower some of his huge upcoming cap hits, the article I linked below says he has a $9.65M hit next year, is this true?

http://sfo.scout.com/story/1471850-49ers-pending-free-agent-update
Damn good.
He's the fourth best linebacker on the unquestioned best linebacking corps in the NFL.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Looks to me like Brooks is back in the shape he should have been in at the beginning of the year now after having a cpl good weeks in a row. We really need him to play at an All-Pro level and I fully expect his play to continue to be at top level which is huge for us even with some reinforcements on their way on the defensive side of the ball.

Question for AB, I thought Brooks re-did his contract this off season to lower some of his huge upcoming cap hits, the article I linked below says he has a $9.65M hit next year, is this true?

Not AB but I think he redid his deal to lower his cap number this year and push money out to future years.

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by English:
No. I am saying I think he deserves better than some of the comments in this thread.

I must've missed those comments. I haven't read anyone saying he's anything less than a near-all-pro' OLB.

I missed this post when it was first written. The answer is, look a little more. How about, not as good as Lemonier. Does that pitch as nobody saying he is less than a near all-pro OLB?
[ Edited by English on Oct 23, 2014 at 9:59 AM ]
I say let's re visit this at the end of this year.
Originally posted by matt49er:

He freed up money this year to pay Boone. If anyone should be giving money back it's our two holdouts in VD and Boone. So sorry!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
personally, I think that Ahmad Brooks has been the most underrated Defensive Player we have on the team..

He's as good as both Bowman and Wills to what he does... he goes about his business, he doesn't get much publicity, but week in and week out, when he's not playing a good game, we seem to look or blame him.. which means, the guy has been an awesome defender for us..

I think that if he gets the same exact plays as Aldon Smith, in my opinion, Brooks may just end up leading our team in sacks year in and year out..

If he was in Pittsburgh and their blitz-burgh zone defense, Ahmad woulda gotten same recognition as Greg Lloyd, Jason Gildon, Joey Porter and Harrison.
Originally posted by 9moon:
personally, I think that Ahmad Brooks has been the most underrated Defensive Player we have on the team..

He's as good as both Bowman and Wills to what he does... he goes about his business, he doesn't get much publicity, but week in and week out, when he's not playing a good game, we seem to look or blame him.. which means, the guy has been an awesome defender for us..

I think that if he gets the same exact plays as Aldon Smith, in my opinion, Brooks may just end up leading our team in sacks year in and year out..

If he was in Pittsburgh and their blitz-burgh zone defense, Ahmad woulda gotten same recognition as Greg Lloyd, Jason Gildon, Joey Porter and Harrison.

Truth. And he did lead th team last year in sacks and all LB's in the playoffs with 4.5. So, even though we're a more vanilla defense that relies on backend coverage and his primary assignment is to seal the edge in run support plus drop back in coverage a lot (esp. this year), he's still putting up some WILL-equivalent numbers which is very rare!
Share 49ersWebzone