LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Arson:
That play he made against the saints last year was amazing, sucked to see him get cheated out of it.

Ahmad probably has Week 10 @ Saints circled on his calendar.

He plays well in that building. Last 2 games he's got 2 INT, including a pick 6, and destroyed Brees on the sack-fumble.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
He's never been in trouble since he has been here that we have heard of. An unsung beast who is willing to restructure, whether he gets more up front or not. In the NFL, you have to get money up front because they can cut you (injured or not) without having to pay you squat

He did have that beer bottle incident last year, but overall he's been great off the field.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 1, 2014 at 1:17 AM ]
This is still my favorite Brooks play of all time. Love the effort, and I still say he got screwed on the call:

...And one of the all-time great flops from Cam.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Aug 1, 2014 at 1:26 AM ]
Probably my favorite LB. Most valuable IMO
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
This is still my favorite Brooks play of all time. Love the effort, and I still say he got screwed on the call:

That is foul dumb. He was kinda cost trouble at ravens chamionship and panthers he played well at playoff. I want to know. How much he earned the moneys this year?
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Aug 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
One thing I really hope he works on is his offsides penalties. Re-watched every game from last season and it seemed like he had at least 1 offsides penalty in almost every game. It's good that he's aggressive on the snap, but giving the other team a free play is a pretty big deal. He probably had more offsides called than the rest of the team combined. Other than that, hes an awesome LB.
Originally posted by Disp:
One thing I really hope he works on is his offsides penalties. Re-watched every game from last season and it seemed like he had at least 1 offsides penalty in almost every game. It's good that he's aggressive on the snap, but giving the other team a free play is a pretty big deal. He probably had more offsides called than the rest of the team combined. Other than that, hes an awesome LB.

Yup he is good for one offsides per game. He lines up in the neural zone as well as crossing early.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

This is why I thought he would be our Ilb this year and we start skuta or lemonhead in Sam.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Aug 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This is why I thought he would be our Ilb this year and we start skuta or lemonhead in Sam.

Lemonier's gonna be a pro bowl caliber OLB IMO, and I would love to see him start; but Brooks is a pro bowl caliber OLB too. I think Lemonier will be better, but I have no problem with Brooks.

• kray28
  • Veteran
For a moment there, I thought it was LeBron playing QB for the Panthers.
I don't know why the Niners haven't considered using Ahmad Brooks at ILB until Bowman comes back. That's where he played at Virginia, and he played MLB for the Bungles.

I'm pretty sure Lemonier would make a better starter than a rookie ILB or Dan Skuta.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I don't know why the Niners haven't considered using Ahmad Brooks at ILB until Bowman comes back. That's where he played at Virginia, and he played MLB for the Bungles.

I'm pretty sure Lemonier would make a better starter than a rookie ILB or Dan Skuta.

they have a starter and he is Michael W. the lemon man and skuta are needed to replace aldon smith,, plus skuta has proved he can be a player for us, inside outside and on special teams
  • thl408
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Earlier in the offseason I would have been on board with that, moving Brooks to ILB and putting Lemon or Skuta at SAM. However, I think Brooks is too valuable as a SAM. Besides his excellent ability to set the edge, he is very good at play recognition. He has blown up numerous screen passes and batted down short passes as well.

Until Lemon can show he is comfortable setting the edge, dropping back in coverage, and tackling in open space, he can't be counted on to play 1st/2nd downs as a SAM.
Originally posted by Disp:

Yep. On the Hawks' 4th down attempt in the championship game, I was staring at him saying, "Don't jump, don't jump." And then Aldon went and did it. So bad.
Share 49ersWebzone