LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 4m
RT @Jason_OTC: Looks like OLB Ahmad Brooks has restructured contract with #49ers, creating just over $2M in cap.

Real team player . Brooks:

[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jul 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM ]
These guys are all buying in, most of the D taking pay cuts, they won't leave this team without a trophy. It's like a soldier refusing to leave his post despite wounds, doesn't want to leave his men behind.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Real team player . Brooks:

nice
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
These guys are all buying in, most of the D taking pay cuts, they won't leave this team without a trophy. It's like a soldier refusing to leave his post despite wounds, doesn't want to leave his men behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X60mrYO1UU
i dont get really hung up on nfl newtorks programming these days but i wanna say i think its absolute b******t ahmad wasnt on the nfls top 100 list. maybe i missed him on the list but i dont think i did.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont get really hung up on nfl newtorks programming these days but i wanna say i think its absolute b******t ahmad wasnt on the nfls top 100 list. maybe i missed him on the list but i dont think i did.

Yup. How the hell does someone get All-Pro honors, but isn't considered one of the Top 100 players from that year? Total disrespect.

I guess we shouldn't stress too much about it, since the Top 100 really is meaningless. I don't even think the players vote for that crap. Donte Whitner may have outed the entire process saying he didn't vote, and nobody he knows voted for the Top 100. You look at the list and you'd think it was made by a casual fan.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yup. How the hell does someone get All-Pro honors, but isn't considered one of the Top 100 players from that year? Total disrespect.

I guess we shouldn't stress too much about it, since the Top 100 really is meaningless. I don't even think the players vote for that crap. Donte Whitner may have outed the entire process saying he didn't vote, and nobody he knows voted for the Top 100. You look at the list and you'd think it was made by a casual fan.

Deion said the PR directors of each team were given the ballots for their players to fill out. The PR directors probably had them filled out but not by players or just a few and then sent them back to the network. It ain't an accurate process
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Deion said the PR directors of each team were given the ballots for their players to fill out. The PR directors probably had them filled out but not by players or just a few and then sent them back to the network. It ain't an accurate process

Makes sense. Not an accurate process indeed.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

They know this team may be the best shot in their careers to win a SB. I mean Harbaugh got them to the NFCCG or the SB in each of the past 3 years. Us fans and the team can only expect the same every year. I mean look at the DL and LB, the superstars in those positions are getting up there in age.

If Brown/Rogers/Whitner were smart, they would have taken paycuts to get that SB but it was about the money with them. If the niners are able to sign Crabs to an extension, I think his decision would be based on the love for the niners instead of money.
No one is taking a pay cut. Brooks had $4 Million of this years salary converted to a signing bonus, which he collects now, rather than week-to-week. He gets the exact same amount of money, but the cap hit pushes back to the remaining years of his contract (roughly $9M per year). We get cap room now, he gets added security going forward (we'd have a bigger dead money hit if we cut him).

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
No one is taking a pay cut. Brooks had $4 Million of this years salary converted to a signing bonus, which he collects now, rather than week-to-week. He gets the exact same amount of money, but the cap hit pushes back to the remaining years of his contract (roughly $9M per year). We get cap room now, he gets added security going forward (we'd have a bigger dead money hit if we cut him).

Truth.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-nearly-10-million-under-cap-after-brooks-restructure

SANTA CLARA – Linebacker Ahmad Brooks restructured his contract on the day the 49ers reported to training camp to save the team nearly $2 million in salary cap space.

Brooks' will still receive his scheduled $5.1 million pay for this season, but $3.395 million will be delivered in the form of a signing bonus, according to a league source. That money can be spread out over the life of the contract to save immediate cap space.

The 49ers are currently $9.999 million under the salary cap due to Brooks' new deal, which he officially signed on July 23, and guard Alex Boone being placed on the reserve/did not report list. On Sept. 4, all players under contract count against the salary cap, including those on injured reserve and the practice squad. Currently, only the top-51 are factored.

Brooks' salary cap figure drops from $6.6 million to $4.5 million this season. But the restructured deal means his cap figures rise every season for the remainder of his contract.

Brooks is scheduled to count $9.64 million against the 49ers' 2015 cap, $9.698 million in 2016, and $8.648 million in 2017.

He's not actually taking a pay cut, he's going to get paid exactly the same amount as before. It's just now a portion can be spread out over the remaining years of his contract creating more space this year.
Originally posted by crabman82:

More motivation for Brooks to unleash his talent with a vengeance.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Brooks is an unsung fkn beast! he has made so many huge plays for us, many that go unnoticed. Love this dude.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Brooks is an unsung fkn beast! he has made so many huge plays for us, many that go unnoticed. Love this dude.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone