There are 266 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Brooks has gotten better every year especially his pass rushing skills. He brings a toughness to the defense and I thought it was imperative to bring him back after the 2011 season. I think even at 30 he's due for a career year. He doesn't have the wear and tear on his body most 30 year olds do because he did not play a lot his first couple years in the league due to personal and attitude issues. I think he gets double digit sacks this year and will be part of a dominate D. That's right I said dominate. If Aldon stays out of trouble and Justin and Pat stay healthy Navarro comes back we will be dominate. Best front seven in the league with a fast secondary bodes well. With the addition of the Tank, Dial, Lemonier in his second year and the playmaker in Ward this D by the end of the year will be better than 2011.
If we can get Crabtree locked up long term this offseason would be one of the best jobs ever done by a front office in league history. Has anyone ever locked up their franchise qb and wr to long term deals in the same offseason before? Our front office is hands down one of the best in the league.
So much for people thinking Brooks will be gone. If/when we get Aldon Smith extended and if/when we win a Super Bowl or two (a lot of ifs I know) this group has a chance of going down as one of the all time great linebacking corps. Granted winning a championship won't hurt them in my eyes, but it does help their case.
It would be awesome to get Crab done anybody after that would be cake. I just have this feeling he wants to go back home to Texas or play in NY. He's a quiet guy so I don't know how successful he would be with the media in his face everyday but I know he wants to be a designer after he's done playing. I also know he would love to play for his hometown Cowboys but they have Bryant and Terrence Williams. They would be dumb enough to pay another WR though. I hope the winning has gotten into Crabtree's blood and he has grown to love it here but I don't know you never hear from him.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
If we can get Crabtree locked up long term this offseason would be one of the best jobs ever done by a front office in league history. Has anyone ever locked up their franchise qb and wr to long term deals in the same offseason before? Our front office is hands down one of the best in the league.

His blindside tackle too.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by cciowa:
off topic real quick,,,, is gore and his salary still out there? i thought at one point there was some talk about trying to get him to lower his salary? lost track of that one i guess

He's due around $6 mil this year. The team has shown no interest in lowering his salary, as far as I know. Seems like both sides are content with playing out the year. I hope Gore returns next year at a reduced figure. He still has good football left in him, even if he's not going to be the workhorse he was before.

Yup.

76 Davis, Anthony RT 2019 $7,532,266
85 Davis, Vernon TE 2015 $7,367,916
94 Smith, Justin DE 2015 $6,936,666
52 Willis, Patrick ILB 2016 $6,863,000
55 Brooks, Ahmad OLB 2017 $6,600,000 (before the restructure to clear up $2M)
21 Gore, Frank RB 2014 $6,450,000

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/98000-2014-49ers-salaries-5157m-under-cap/

I know Baalke said earlier in the year that we didn't even NEED to restructure Gore's contract and had intended to let him play it out BUT...ummm...

The world will in fact halt from spinning immediately if you dare try to finish that sentence, or speak ill will of the legend of Frank Gore.

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by cciowa:
off topic real quick,,,, is gore and his salary still out there? i thought at one point there was some talk about trying to get him to lower his salary? lost track of that one i guess

He's due around $6 mil this year. The team has shown no interest in lowering his salary, as far as I know. Seems like both sides are content with playing out the year. I hope Gore returns next year at a reduced figure. He still has good football left in him, even if he's not going to be the workhorse he was before.

Yup.

76 Davis, Anthony RT 2019 $7,532,266
85 Davis, Vernon TE 2015 $7,367,916
94 Smith, Justin DE 2015 $6,936,666
52 Willis, Patrick ILB 2016 $6,863,000
55 Brooks, Ahmad OLB 2017 $6,600,000 (before the restructure to clear up $2M)
21 Gore, Frank RB 2014 $6,450,000

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/98000-2014-49ers-salaries-5157m-under-cap/

I know Baalke said earlier in the year that we didn't even NEED to restructure Gore's contract and had intended to let him play it out BUT...ummm...

The world will in fact halt from spinning immediately if you dare try to finish that sentence, or speak ill will of the legend of Frank Gore.

LMAO! I know. I couldn't even finish the sentence. But damn, Brooks had earned every penny and more of his contact esp. in the clutch...so if he's willing to think about the team, why wouldn't our #1 team guy?
He really came on at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

I think he's going to have an excellent season.
f**k you Drew Brees
  • buck
  • Veteran
Good for Brooks.

This guy has overcome his problems, become a solid, perhaps excellent, 3-4 outside linebacker, and proven to be a team orientated player.

From problem child to excellent team player--Brooks has earned my respect.

Originally posted by buck:
Good for Brooks.

This guy has overcome his problems, become a solid, perhaps excellent, 3-4 outside linebacker, and proven to be a team orientated player.

From problem child to excellent team player--Brooks has earned my respect.

This. Totally forgot about how he started out.
I'll never forget that play where Brooks flew across both lines (albeit early), and had Cam pulling a Kobe!
I think if there is an extension now that Brooks has restructured, it will be one that is a relative surprise. I don't think Crabs is the one that gets extended simply because of his injury history, although I hope he is the one we extend.

I think we either extend Vernon to another couple years to send a message to Boone that Vernon gets rewarded for showing up to training camp. Or we extend Iupati to again somewhat send a message to Boone that we'll just keep our other top guard. Or we extend Culliver before he gets too expensive because by all accounts he's looking damn good.
Brooks' Cap Hit over the next couple years is pretty high. I bet they're hoping Lemonier & Lynch really blow it up this year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
f**k you Drew Brees

Share 49ersWebzone