There are 256 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Woah what's up with the Brooks thread blowin up??
He really started to turn it on at the end of the season and in the playoffs. Not every game was spectacular BUT he definitely had to be accounted for.

I'm hoping he really goes after it this season.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Probably wouldn't do much else on another team. Just goes to show you how good our coaching staff and scheme are.

i have no time to figure out this "logic"

Look at other players that did well with us but didn't have much of an impact on other teams

those are mostly CBs, safeties etc that rely on our dominate front 7. When you can rush the passer & set the edge, well, you can rush the passer and set the edge. Ahmad Brooks is one of, if not the most underrated player in football, he's a top 10 LB who just happens to be the 4th most talked about in our LB group. The only reason you don't hear this guys name more is because he plays beside Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman and Aldon Smith. If Brooks went to pretty much any other team, he would be their best LB period.

I don't know about that. You put him on the Panther's as an OLB Kuechly is still the best backer on that team for example. Brooks was never really given a chance in the systems before Fangio's. Funny how better coaching staff can see talent then coach it up as opposed to staff prior. Singletary was just a stubborn dumbass that did not promote competition the way Harbs does. And therefore, the staff before missed out on so much potential.

Good job finding one other team where he would be the #2 LB! Brooks was brought in after a troubled past in college and with the Bungles, everyone on planet Earth knew he was extremely talented he just hadn't "got it" yet. Anyway thanks for proving my point for me.
Probably wouldn't do much else on another team. Just goes to show you how good our coaching staff and scheme are.

Look at other players that did well with us but didn't have much of an impact on other teams

those are mostly CBs, safeties etc that rely on our dominate front 7. When you can rush the passer & set the edge, well, you can rush the passer and set the edge. Ahmad Brooks is one of, if not the most underrated player in football, he's a top 10 LB who just happens to be the 4th most talked about in our LB group. The only reason you don't hear this guys name more is because he plays beside Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman and Aldon Smith. If Brooks went to pretty much any other team, he would be their best LB period.

I don't know about that. You put him on the Panther's as an OLB Kuechly is still the best backer on that team for example. Brooks was never really given a chance in the systems before Fangio's. Funny how better coaching staff can see talent then coach it up as opposed to staff prior. Singletary was just a stubborn dumbass that did not promote competition the way Harbs does. And therefore, the staff before missed out on so much potential.

Good job finding one other team where he would be the #2 LB! Brooks was brought in after a troubled past in college and with the Bungles, everyone on planet Earth knew he was extremely talented he just hadn't "got it" yet. Anyway thanks for proving my point for me.

Didn't prove any point. I just listed 1 team as an example, and that proves your point? lol

Didn't prove any point. I just listed 1 team as an example, and that proves your point? lol

You're making yourself look foolish man. Ahmad Brooks is an All-Pro LB, one of the best in the league, as a fan of this team you not being able to see that is a shame.

You're making yourself look foolish man. Ahmad Brooks is an All-Pro LB, one of the best in the league, as a fan of this team you not being able to see that is a shame.

No, I am very much of a fan. That doesn't mean I have to be completely totally and utterly biased about it. I'm not saying he would be BAD, but give credit to the awesome scheme we have too!
Ahmad Brooks is the man. He just gets things done. I loved watching him line up at MLB against the Panthers and stop Cam on that 4th and Goal QB sneak. The guy is crazy instinctive.

I agree with what others are saying about putting Brooks in the MLB spot next to Pwill the first half the season until Bow is ready and have Skuta and Lemonier play outside. Or if a guy like Dee Ford falls to us in the draft you could plug him outside, cuz who knows.. we might not be able to keep Aldon long term anyway, it might be good to have a solid contingency plan, like Ford.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Ahmad Brooks is the man. He just gets things done. I loved watching him line up at MLB against the Panthers and stop Cam on that 4th and Goal QB sneak. The guy is crazy instinctive.

That was a move/idea done by Fangio. All credit goes to Fangio and his creative mind for that game.

That was a move/idea done by Fangio. All credit goes to Fangio and his creative mind for that game.

Fangio gave the credit to Ahmad who asked Fangio to play that position on the GL.

Fangio gave the credit to Ahmad who asked Fangio to play that position on the GL.

You sure about that? Last I heard it was gameplan. Don't remember. Was at the game though, fun to watch

You sure about that? Last I heard it was gameplan. Don't remember. Was at the game though, fun to watch

Yes I am positive I read it in an article, let me find the link and get back to you.

Yes I am positive I read it in an article, let me find the link and get back to you.

Thanks Jim. Btw how was it doing push ups with a walrus?
u guys think they could kick ahmad inside and play tank or lemonier outside while bowman is out? didnt brooks play mlb in college and with the bengals? dude is a probowler and its stupid to think about moving him but to fill in for a while i dont think it would hurt, the guy is a good all around linebacker anyway. seeing him and willis in the middle for a while might be pretty fun to watch
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
u guys think they could kick ahmad inside and play tank or lemonier outside while bowman is out? didnt brooks play mlb in college and with the bengals? dude is a probowler and its stupid to think about moving him but to fill in for a while i dont think it would hurt, the guy is a good all around linebacker anyway. seeing him and willis in the middle for a while might be pretty fun to watch

I don't think we have to. You really only need one MLB that can cover, run support, and blitz. Willis could more than handle all the responsibilities and Fangio can put Whilhoite in a position to be successful. Brooks is just way to valuable setting the edge. I would like to see Lemonier getting some snaps at Brooks is spot, and we could definitely give Brooks snaps at MLB in training camp to see how it works out.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I don't think we have to. You really only need one MLB that can cover, run support, and blitz. Willis could more than handle all the responsibilities and Fangio can put Whilhoite in a position to be successful. Brooks is just way to valuable setting the edge. I would like to see Lemonier getting some snaps at Brooks is spot, and we could definitely give Brooks snaps at MLB in training camp to see how it works out.

Agreed, Brooks is the one LB who can and IS proven at each LB position in the 3-4 and 4-3. They move him inside on the DL to rush, stunt, drop back in coverage and I don't have the film on it, but was Brooks playing inside (MIKE/TED) when he made those two critical stops in the Carolina game?
Share 49ersWebzone