Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How good is Ahmad Brooks?

..double posted for some reason...
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Dec 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Huge implications here for four teams (Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona, and New Orleans). Sad that so many teams are effected by one bad call. On another note, has any team been luckier than Seattle when it comes to getting the breaks with referee calls?

They cheat in every game and it rarely gets called.

they're either 1st or 2nd in penalties called against them this season. they've been near the lead in the pete carroll era every season. you could argue that they could call more on them cus they push the limit every play. but they are having penalties called on them more often than any other team. for the record i think their strategy is brilliant, push the envelope every play, they arent going to throw a flag on every play.

Why can't they throw a flag on hem every play? f**k giving in to them because they cheat every play. Call them for every one of the infractions and after it costs them a game or two, then they learn to play within the rules. I don't buy this "cheat because the refs are afraid to call penalties" b******t. It sets a bad premise bowing down to cheaters because it would lengthen the games...f**k that whole mentality.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Huge implications here for four teams (Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona, and New Orleans). Sad that so many teams are effected by one bad call. On another note, has any team been luckier than Seattle when it comes to getting the breaks with referee calls?

they're either 1st or 2nd in penalties called against them this season. they've been near the lead in the pete carroll era every season. you could argue that they could call more on them cus they push the limit every play. but they are having penalties called on them more often than any other team. for the record i think their strategy is brilliant, push the envelope every play, they arent going to throw a flag on every play.

Why can't they throw a flag on hem every play? f**k giving in to them because they cheat every play. Call them for every one of the infractions and after it costs them a game or two, then they learn to play within the rules. I don't buy this "cheat because the refs are afraid to call penalties" b******t. It sets a bad premise bowing down to cheaters because it would lengthen the games...f**k that whole mentality.

Admittedly, it is the same mentality/strategy that Justin Smith uses on the interior of the defensive line.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Admittedly, it is the same mentality/strategy that Justin Smith uses on the interior of the defensive line.

Everyone in the trenches employs that strategy all game long. Haven't you ever heard the old saying that there is holding on every play? But grabbing and impeding a WRs ability to run a route is a lot more blatant and easily noticed by even the most casual fan. The problem is, everyone can see it but the Refs just aren't calling it. Even Troy Aikman in the Seattle game was asking for the Refs to throw more flags. They are just mugging people and not even getting their heads around. They just don't care, they are blatantly challenging the refs to throw the flag and they aren't doing it.

I think the refs should start warning players and if they keep blatantly ignoring the rules then they should be ejected and suspended for un-sportsman like conduct! The NFL could easily fix this but they just choose to ignore it all together.
Originally posted by 49erTravis:
Everyone in the trenches employs that strategy all game long. Haven't you ever heard the old saying that there is holding on every play? But grabbing and impeding a WRs ability to run a route is a lot more blatant and easily noticed by even the most casual fan. The problem is, everyone can see it but the Refs just aren't calling it. Even Troy Aikman in the Seattle game was asking for the Refs to throw more flags. They are just mugging people and not even getting their heads around. They just don't care, they are blatantly challenging the refs to throw the flag and they aren't doing it.

I think the refs should start warning players and if they keep blatantly ignoring the rules then they should be ejected and suspended for un-sportsman like conduct! The NFL could easily fix this but they just choose to ignore it all together.
Which is why Crabtree seems bigger. Between he Boldin and Davis we can now push shove and fight back to get open. If they want to hold the flag we might as well commit offensive PI all game long until they either call it both ways or not at all. Either way our guys should win that battle just like last game. Boldin and crab fought back to get open. Doing them DBs like Roddy White and Michael Irvin used to
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Which is why Crabtree seems bigger. Between he Boldin and Davis we can now push shove and fight back to get open. If they want to hold the flag we might as well commit offensive PI all game long until they either call it both ways or not at all. Either way our guys should win that battle just like last game. Boldin and crab fought back to get open. Doing them DBs like Roddy White and Michael Irvin used to

IMO we have been doing just that, I have seen more offensive pass interference calls on our players in the past few weeks then I have seen in years of play. I think they are a tough bunch and rather than complain about it they are taking it into their own hands, Marshall law style!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

look man they dont throw flags on every play, been that way ever since i started watching the game. you know the old saying "you could call holding on every play of the game". announcers used to say this s**t during the games a lot back in the day. i'm not here to answer the question why cant they or wont they. just here to state the obvious that they're not going to, and never really have. so when you take that into account, it makes the strategy seattle uses pretty brilliant IMO.
Originally posted by 49erTravis:
IMO we have been doing just that, I have seen more offensive pass interference calls on our players in the past few weeks then I have seen in years of play. I think they are a tough bunch and rather than complain about it they are taking it into their own hands, Marshall law style!
Exactly!!
Pro bowl bound.

That good!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Had they not called that penalty, 49ers would likely be looking at homefield advantage throughout the playoffs with a win vs the Cardinals, regardless of what anyone else does.

Should of could of would have.......Those 2 home L's is what me thinks got the 49ers
He hasnt played good since that Washington game.
[ Edited by xela510 on Dec 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM ]
Stepped up again when it matters...nice sacks/forced fumble, pressures, hits and getting into Rodgers head. Pretty job well done on the other side with Aldon although he was hurt a bit and up against two different OT's.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Stepped up again when it matters...nice sacks/forced fumble, pressures, hits and getting into Rodgers head. Pretty job well done on the other side with Aldon although he was hurt a bit and up against two different OT's.

Brooks has been very dang good for about three years now.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Brooks has been very dang good for about three years now.

Amen brother...all pro. It was nice to see some pressure yesterday!
He still jumps offside too much. Drives me nuts.

But yeah, he's the best strong-side OLB in the NFL.