There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How good is Ahmad Brooks?

  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,368
They need to do a booth revue on all personal foul calls as they can be game changing and the refs probably make mistakes on those calls 50% of the time.
Originally posted by Youngone:
If I was a cardinals fan I would be pissed. Definitely hurt their chances. And of course I'm pissed because it now couldve meant home field.

Yeah, this is true.

Does anyone know if Cardinal fans are upset about this? They could be a losing a playoff spot altogether because of this.
Well, Karma is a vengeful b***h. We'll see the Saints again when it matters and they'll wish they were only playing the Seahags.

I hope Brooks hits Breesus so hard that he doesn't rise until three days later.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 32,507
Originally posted by BobS:
They need to do a booth revue on all personal foul calls as they can be game changing and the refs probably make mistakes on those calls 50% of the time.

Couldn't agree more, but that would only make things harder for the gamblers, the Mafia gonna get pissed if they have that rule.

Seriously though, the only thing the NFL will do is say sorry, AFTER the fact you lose a game because of a miss call. You want my other opinion, I think refs should be fined also, those are million dollar calls they're making. At least a $5,000 fine should be sufficient.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 32,507
Originally posted by Youngone:
If I was a cardinals fan I would be pissed. Definitely hurt their chances. And of course I'm pissed because it now couldve meant home field.

9ers don't need home field advantage to get to the Super Bowl....see NFC Championship last year.
Well, it's not so much about home field, it's about avoiding centurylink .....
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Well, it's not so much about home field, it's about avoiding centurylink .....

Well... The Cardinals didn't have a problem...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Youngone:
If I was a cardinals fan I would be pissed. Definitely hurt their chances. And of course I'm pissed because it now couldve meant home field.

9ers don't need home field advantage to get to the Super Bowl....see NFC Championship last year.

It's always nice to be the loud crowd at any game but I do like them playing hungry with the backs against the wall. Brings out the best in a team, its how the Ravens did it, its how the Giants did it, and the Packers as well.
Huge implications here for four teams (Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona, and New Orleans). Sad that so many teams are effected by one bad call. On another note, has any team been luckier than Seattle when it comes to getting the breaks with referee calls?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Huge implications here for four teams (Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona, and New Orleans). Sad that so many teams are effected by one bad call. On another note, has any team been luckier than Seattle when it comes to getting the breaks with referee calls?

They cheat in every game and it rarely gets called.
This is all because the NFL was dinged for $760 million in concussion disputes. Its not about player safety, its about money. Its always about money in a Billion dollar empire. If you truly want player safety then the NFL should switch to flag football. That's the only way to ensure player safety. But then that would affect their revenue and they cant have that!
[ Edited by 49erTravis on Dec 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Huge implications here for four teams (Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona, and New Orleans). Sad that so many teams are effected by one bad call. On another note, has any team been luckier than Seattle when it comes to getting the breaks with referee calls?

They cheat in every game and it rarely gets called.

they're either 1st or 2nd in penalties called against them this season. they've been near the lead in the pete carroll era every season. you could argue that they could call more on them cus they push the limit every play. but they are having penalties called on them more often than any other team. for the record i think their strategy is brilliant, push the envelope every play, they arent going to throw a flag on every play.
Originally posted by crabman82:
they're either 1st or 2nd in penalties called against them this season. they've been near the lead in the pete carroll era every season. you could argue that they could call more on them cus they push the limit every play. but they are having penalties called on them more often than any other team. for the record i think their strategy is brilliant, push the envelope every play, they arent going to throw a flag on every play.

New England used to do the same thing on defense and all the fans cried about it. Im not sure why they stopped though, perhaps they have found players that are able to play the game straight up and don't need to cheat and hold on every play. IMO Seattle only does it because they aren't capable of covering straight up. Food for thought anyways.
Originally posted by 49erTravis:
New England used to do the same thing on defense and all the fans cried about it. Im not sure why they stopped though, perhaps they have found players that are able to play the game straight up and don't need to cheat and hold on every play. IMO Seattle only does it because they aren't capable of covering straight up. Food for thought anyways.

NE stopped because then offense can actually score points with a mature Brady under center. Wasn't always like this when Brady first took over. SEA knows they have to play this way or they won't compete in this league
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
NE stopped because then offense can actually score points with a mature Brady under center. Wasn't always like this when Brady first took over. SEA knows they have to play this way or they won't compete in this league

Very valid point, They defiantly can score some points in bunches when they are healthy.