There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How good is Ahmad Brooks?

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

He had a great game on sunday ....I cant wait to see him pounce on Stafford , he should make a big impact with Aldon getting most of the attention , and when the offense has to focus their attention on Brooks, Aldon and Cowboy will greatly benefit.

Damn I am LOVING This , our front 7 is vicious and difficult to prepare for , any of our front 7 could start on any team in the NFL ...the same for our DB's

This wasnt always the case the past few seasons huh , gone are the days of picking up players off the street and plugging them in and HOPING they can contribute .....even our reserves are solid and would get a lot of playing time with other teams, I am sure Grant, Gooden, Culliver, RJF could also start for a lot of teams too ....I'm loving our talent

I really believe he can be a Clay Matthews type...



...if our defensive philosophy didn't care about him being a maverick and out of position at times.
Between Brooks and McDonald on that side, Brooks is very good and underrated at pass rushing. I want to see more.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

He had a great game on sunday ....I cant wait to see him pounce on Stafford , he should make a big impact with Aldon getting most of the attention , and when the offense has to focus their attention on Brooks, Aldon and Cowboy will greatly benefit.

Damn I am LOVING This , our front 7 is vicious and difficult to prepare for , any of our front 7 could start on any team in the NFL ...the same for our DB's

This wasnt always the case the past few seasons huh , gone are the days of picking up players off the street and plugging them in and HOPING they can contribute .....even our reserves are solid and would get a lot of playing time with other teams, I am sure Grant, Gooden, Culliver, RJF could also start for a lot of teams too ....I'm loving our talent

I really believe he can be a Clay Matthews type...



...if our defensive philosophy didn't care about him being a maverick and out of position at times.

He and Aldon could be like Matthews but we don't really use them that way (esp. Brooks). That said, teams don't even bother to run on us anymore so why not move Aldon & Brooks around all over the place and identify and attack weakness...say a poor-to-average T, maybe? Hmmmm...they both can play on the line and even on the interior. Stunts off Smith/McDonald, etc. or even inside off Sopoaga...both A-gaps. The Bears took this approach with Marshall last night and destroyed him and I think Aldon/Brooks could have been just as, if not more successful b/c BOTH guys can rush from both sides at the same time creating a nightmare for the OL....oh yeah, then you have to contend with McDonald/J.Smith and the occasional blitz from Bowman/Willis and the CB's. Why do we rarely blitz a S?
It was interesting that we had some unsung heros step up against the Pack. After rewatching the game it was the left defense line and the right offensive units that shined the most. Pleasant surprise!
Thought id bring this thread up to date since Brooks played one hell of a game this past weekend. he looked like the best player on the defense this week
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Thought id bring this thread up to date since Brooks played one hell of a game this past weekend. he looked like the best player on the defense this week

He was probably one of the only defensive players that earned his check this weekend.... Definitely a stud
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Thought id bring this thread up to date since Brooks played one hell of a game this past weekend. he looked like the best player on the defense this week

He was probably one of the only defensive players that earned his check this weekend.... Definitely a stud

My boy...I have a Brooks jersey and regularly attend the largest SoCal Niner sports bar there is (300-500 fans every w/e) and people still freak out saying, "I guarantee, you are the ONLY fan in the country that has a Brooks jersey and that is awesome." The real fans get it, the casual don't. I love it...do your research!
Should have picked that and run it in.
So glad we signed this dude long term. Worth every penny. The silent warrior. He's having a better season than Aldon, in his own right.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So glad we signed this dude long term. Worth every penny. The silent warrior. He's having a better season than Aldon, in his own right.

Agreed. While their roles are very different, Brooks is much more consistent d/t his experience. But Aldon is shinning and he's growing into an excellent WILL. I'm very grateful for both players!
Brooks plays his ass off.. very proud of him
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So glad we signed this dude long term. Worth every penny. The silent warrior. He's having a better season than Aldon, in his own right.

Agreed. While their roles are very different, Brooks is much more consistent d/t his experience. But Aldon is shinning and he's growing into an excellent WILL. I'm very grateful for both players!
I've never seen an OLB deflect so many passes. Thats worth a lot in my book.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I've never seen an OLB deflect so many passes. Thats worth a lot in my book.

That's just experience...and almost all of them are on 3rd downs. But with Rogers behind him, I'm sure he knows the QB is going there every time...quick out to the sideline. LOL.

But seriously, this is a skill I hope Aldon starts to get down b/c with his height, it's a critical play and could end up being a HUGE play (INT, pick-6).
Great story. All-American his sophmore year in College and expected to be 1st round pick. In fact a lot of the draft addicts on this site were raving about him after his soph year.

Off-season had surgery done, missed time his Junior year and got into trouble off-field that forced him to enter Supplemental draft without playing much that year. Ended up on Bengals and became a starter only to have season-ending groin tear and waived the next season in training camp.

Then bounced around our roster for a year not playing. Then suddenly had major improvement under Singletary and now he is a stud.

Got to like a guy who has been through so many ups and downs.
He has shown definite improvement every week.

Ray Mac has been hot & cold and if he can get back on track Brooks will even have better performance.