There are 266 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just a guess but in addition to probably talking to the DA, coach H most likely has set up some teammates to surround Ahmad , and probably has him with someone professionally to work on aggression, anger management, etc, and do everything possible to make Brook's environment all be positive. I wouldn't be surprised that in addition to the above carrot there was a stick...ie, "this was your one and only chance. Don't screw it up, do what is recommended and mind your manners. Also 1 beer limit, if that.". I could see that. It would seem harsh and somewhat unfair to ding a guy permanently if he screws up once. It goes without saying that the guy also is a lights out LB.
Originally posted by buck:
I am not convinced that letting Brooks go would be the correct thing to do.

As a 49er he has committed one major error--that error could have had, but didn't have any serious consequences

In my opinion, a class organization would not cut Brooks after he has done much to overcome his past.
The process of correcting our errors, of eliminating our weaknesses, often has its up and downs.

| think a class organization would insist that Brooks continue on the path of confronting his demons and would work with him to make sure he does.

True...we've had some troubled players in the past and we never gave up on them...like Boone. No way we turn our back on Brooks given he's been a model 9er since he's gotten here. That doesn't mean he won't be encouraged to face his demons and learn how to channel that to ON the field aggression though. The only one we truly gave up on was Grant and that's b/c he cheated.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 50s BREAKING: Santa Clara County DA has decided NOT to pursue charges against #49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

BREAKING: Santa Clara County DA has decided NOT to pursue charges against #49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks.
Thanks valrod33 - now on to Training Camp.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks valrod33 - now on to Training Camp.

Still might get suspended though.
The invesitigation also turned up new evidence that showed Brooks may have been acting in self defense, according to the district attorney's office. Doubts also were raised by Divens' actions after the incident took place.Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/07/-the-santa-clara-county.html#storylink=cpy
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 26s DA's report says Brooks and Lamar Divens had another altercation at Brooks' home in May. Second incident occurred June 8
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 50s BREAKING: Santa Clara County DA has decided NOT to pursue charges against #49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks.

Although, I do not think think that the 49ers should release Brooks, I do think that the team does need to do something.

If I were York or Baalke, I would seriously consider suspending Brooks without pay for two games.

I would donate his pay for those two games to a non-profit organization that does work with teenagers that have problems with alcohol and drugs.

In my estimation, hitting a person, teammate or not, with a bottle is beyond the pale and merits punishment.

I am a big fan of Brooks, but I will acknowledge the seriousness of his actions.
Divens needs to get cut

Called it!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Divens needs to get cut

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 1m DA's report also said that Divens asked Brooks for $1 million after the incident.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 7m DA's report says Brooks and Lamar Divens had another altercation at Brooks' home in May. Second incident occurred June 8
Originally posted by buck:

Although, I do not think think that the 49ers should release Brooks, I do think that the team does need to do something.

If I were York or Baalke, I would seriously consider suspending Brooks without pay for two games.

I would donate his pay for those two games to a non-profit organization that does work with teenagers that have problems with alcohol and drugs.

In my estimation, hitting a person, teammate or not, with a bottle is beyond the pale and merits punishment.

I am a big fan of Brooks, but I will acknowledge the seriousness of his actions.
You should read Matt Barrows tweets, Investigation turned up evidence that Brooks may have been acting in self defense, this wasnt the first time they had an altercation and Divens asked Brooks for 1 million dollars
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Divens needs to get cut

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 1m DA's report also said that Divens asked Brooks for $1 million after the incident.

Yeah f**k him...not saying he deserved his head busted in but it's not worth a million bucks
Share 49ersWebzone