There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How good is Ahmad Brooks?

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
First of all, it's just alcohol. It's not LSD or PCP. No matter how drunk you are, you don't think you can fly, or think giant spiders are chasing you. Unless you are taking hard narcotics, you can still understand the world around you. .

Do not really disagree, but alcohol can really distort the world. DTs (Delirium tremens) are pretty common among alcoholics trying to kick the bucket. DTs include both visual and auditory hallucinations. These hallucinations can produce profound terror and physical violence on the part of the person having the DTs.

Strange that you mention spiders. I saw one guy having DTs who was in an absolute uncontrollable frenzy because bugs were crawling all over him. He was hitting himself (and anyone who tried to talk to him) and had to put in restraints for over 24 hours.
Ahmad is Good, he just needs to calm down and use better judgement
Edited. Please read the thread title
[ Edited by English on Jul 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Brooks and his woman punching self (hit a lady in Cincinnati and got off) is good enough to be replaced by Lemon (ier).

I don't want a lady hitter on the team.

Get lost Brooks you punk.

Wait, what? He IS good enough to be replaced by Lemonier? That doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Wait, what? He IS good enough to be replaced by Lemonier? That doesn't make sense.

LOL I thought the same, I just decided it was better to ignore things that dont make sense.
Brooks and his woman punching self (hit a lady in Cincinnati and got off) is good enough to be replaced by Lemon (ier).

He either is or he isn't. I guess we will find out soon enough. I don't see that an event which happened 5 years ago has relevance here.
Originally posted by English:

He either is or he isn't. I guess we will find out soon enough. I don't see that an event which happened 5 years ago has relevance here.

Exactly, how does one incident with the previous being 5 years ago have any relevance... so he was good enough to start for the past 3 years on the niners but now that an incident that will have nothing come of it he is being judged on something that happened while he was on the bengals... talk about hypocrisy at its best.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame

He's saying that Lemonier is bad enough to replace Brooks. Duh.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Do not really disagree, but alcohol can really distort the world. DTs (Delirium tremens) are pretty common among alcoholics trying to kick the bucket. DTs include both visual and auditory hallucinations. These hallucinations can produce profound terror and physical violence on the part of the person having the DTs.

Strange that you mention spiders. I saw one guy having DTs who was in an absolute uncontrollable frenzy because bugs were crawling all over him. He was hitting himself (and anyone who tried to talk to him) and had to put in restraints for over 24 hours.

I stand corrected. I did not know alcohol could do that. There is always an exception to the rule. However, I am 99% sure that Brooks was not suffering from Delirium tremens at the time of the incident. That sounds like something that happens to alcoholics with a serious drinking problem.
Originally posted by KegBert:

http://www.creighton.edu/studentlife/officeoftheasstdeanofstudents/alcoholdrugeducation/dangerousdrinking/blackouts/index.php

http://gizmodo.com/5977688/what-happens-to-your-brain-when-you-get-black+out-drunk

That phenomenon is referring to memory loss, both short term and long. I have been there. The only reason I remember is because I can't remember.

Short term memory loss, as far as I am aware, does not cause one to hit people with dangerous weapons. Lots and lots of people in this world drink. Many of those people have blacked out, but very few of them hit people with weapons while drunk.

Someone mentioned a rare condition of severe alcohol poisoning that can cause hallucinations.
OK fine, but the fact of the matter is, Brooks was not suffering from some severe clinical, medical condition related to chronic alcohol consumption. He is a healthy man, who had some drinks, and was tipsy. He wasn't blacked out, he wasn't in a state of panic, he wasn't delirious, he didn't "feel the walls closing in".
He didn't wrestle him, throw a few punches, slap him around a bit. It wasn't a friendly little boxing or sparring match. He attacked his teammate with a weapon. He knew full well what he was doing, and he remembered what he did.

Alcohol consumption is absolutely no excuse for his actions. None at all.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 6, 2013 at 2:07 AM ]
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
harelson can play if we need him to, lemonier is gonna be a stud, cam johnson has been with the club a couple years and was looking good before he was hurt

None of them are even close to Ahmad Brooks. Brooks is one of the best OLBs in the league, he was our best defensive player in the playoffs last season.

lemonnier will flourish in this system. i think the system is creating the numbers for most of our guys. im not sayin theyre not talent but weve seen people leave the niners before and disappear. aubrayo franklin instantly comes to mind
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
The whole story is that Divens drove them all back to Brooks house because Brooks was to intoxicated to drive, when Brooks asked for his keys back (Im assuming to get into his house which makes more sense then him planning on going for a drive) Divens pretended to throw them in his yard, Drunken Brooks took offense to the sarcastic joke and in his intoxicated state he decided to teach Divens a lesson by thumping him on the head. I find it funny though that the media other then the original report wants to assume and put it into peoples heads that Brooks was planning on going for a drive.

This is the spin that upsets me...you can clearly see the media spinning it in the worst possible way (implying he wanted his keys back to go driving is irresponsible as well as using the word "bashing"). For all we know, Divens was messing with Brooks relentlessly to the point that Brooks asked him if he was going to have to get his gun (to show he was very serious and wanted his keys back). Moving on...
Originally posted by AmpLee:

He's saying that Lemonier is bad enough to replace Brooks. Duh.

Mark my words brooks will not see the 8 mil + he is due in 2015/2016. He will either be gone by then or restructure. He's a good player but isn't worth that much to our team considering we have 4 other players on our front seven that are more crucial to our defense IMO.
Lol what I meant was Brooks is pretty good but he isn't so good he can't be replaced by Lemoier or someone else.

And yes I realize him hitting that woman was 5 years ago but now we have this latest episode and my position is that the 49ers have always been a team and fan base of character and class, not punks. It is something Walsh, Montana, Craig, the rest of the team, and the whole fan base has always been proud of. So I don't like Brooks.

Sorry for the misunderstanding in prior post on the "replacement" comment, should have stopped at two margherita's instead of three last night lol.