There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How good is Ahmad Brooks?

Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
ehhhhhh I'm talking about more recent history. Did you really bring up Mark Chmura? lol

Let's exclude Aaron Hernandez here. Since the Super Bowl on February 3, there have been a total of 30 arrests of current or former NFL players, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune... How many of them were Caucasians? Just a thought

why is this about race?

less than 2% of nfl players are being arrested....plenty are doing a lot of good work in the community

maybe you shouldn't be such a media whore and take a step back and stop focusing on the negatives and see there is a lot of positive out there.

the media doesn't see ratings by reporting that
where is the positive in Brooks being arrested for repeatedly hitting a teammate with a bottle?
Originally posted by Ballistic:
where is the positive in Brooks being arrested for repeatedly hitting a teammate with a bottle?

again, i'm not sure what this has to do w/ race genius
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,925
Originally posted by iLL49er:
why is this about race?

less than 2% of nfl players are being arrested....plenty are doing a lot of good work in the community

maybe you shouldn't be such a media whore and take a step back and stop focusing on the negatives and see there is a lot of positive out there.

the media doesn't see ratings by reporting that
sure the media does a bad job at times dong their job but can we please just stop with trying to deflect things away from brooks unexcuseable behavior . there are some nice things going on but when you have a guy smash a beer bottle over a team mates head, you have to cover it. do you want them to sweep it under the rug because its "negative" and it may, just may reflect bad upon the niners?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,925
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
where is the positive in Brooks being arrested for repeatedly hitting a teammate with a bottle?

again, i'm not sure what this has to do w/ race genius
you are spot on in regards to the race thing. But you know in the culture we live in and with the way certain politicians and a eager media operate, you knew race just would have to come up
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
where is the positive in Brooks being arrested for repeatedly hitting a teammate with a bottle?

again, i'm not sure what this has to do w/ race genius

Ok stop. Both of you. If you can't discuss a subject without taking pot shots at each other , then don't.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
why is this about race?

less than 2% of nfl players are being arrested....plenty are doing a lot of good work in the community

maybe you shouldn't be such a media whore and take a step back and stop focusing on the negatives and see there is a lot of positive out there.

the media doesn't see ratings by reporting that
sure the media does a bad job at times dong their job but can we please just stop with trying to deflect things away from brooks unexcuseable behavior . there are some nice things going on but when you have a guy smash a beer bottle over a team mates head, you have to cover it. do you want them to sweep it under the rug because its "negative" and it may, just may reflect bad upon the niners?

Chuck
If you bottled a dude 3 times, would he have some injury to show for it? 3 stitches, as I have said before, is nothing.

Anyway, if you seriously want to do damage you don't hit them with the bottle. You smash the bottle first (not whilst you are holding the neck) then you glass them. 3 hits with that and the victim needs dozens of stitches and possibly plastic surgery.
Originally posted by cciowa:
sure the media does a bad job at times dong their job but can we please just stop with trying to deflect things away from brooks unexcuseable behavior . there are some nice things going on but when you have a guy smash a beer bottle over a team mates head, you have to cover it. do you want them to sweep it under the rug because its "negative" and it may, just may reflect bad upon the niners?

not at all, i've said in this thread earlier brooks is a scumbag

i clicked on this thread recently and saw the discussion became about its the black players who get in trouble

which leads me to wonder why this is about race now?

if its about race then there's plenty of black players doing great community work that isn't publicized
Originally posted by cciowa:
you are spot on in regards to the race thing. But you know in the culture we live in and with the way certain politicians and a eager media operate, you knew race just would have to come up

Willie Lynch. How to Make a Slave. Read this manual passed about amongst slave owners. He said the black African people would be enslaved for a thousand years. Not in the physical state but mentally. This is a big reason why there is a distinct difference in America between the descendants of black African slaves and recent African immigrants. A lot of your black NFL players are the descendants of those slaves that by natural selection survived the long boat rides where bodies were stacked on the other and the absence of food and the ensuing physical labor and abuse. Today some of these players carry the lingering effects in their behavior. They learn this from their ancestors and surrounding community. Its not DNA aside from the physical attributes its learned behavior from their environment. These descendants by and large need to wake up. Especially these privileged players
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
sure the media does a bad job at times dong their job but can we please just stop with trying to deflect things away from brooks unexcuseable behavior . there are some nice things going on but when you have a guy smash a beer bottle over a team mates head, you have to cover it. do you want them to sweep it under the rug because its "negative" and it may, just may reflect bad upon the niners?

if its about race then there's plenty of black players doing great community work that isn't publicized
unfortunately noone cares about those things. They only care when players f*ck up. Sorry, that's the reality of it.
There is another thread for discussing the recent violent event. Please keep to the thread title
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
ehhhhhh I'm talking about more recent history. Did you really bring up Mark Chmura? lol

Let's exclude Aaron Hernandez here. Since the Super Bowl on February 3, there have been a total of 30 arrests of current or former NFL players, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune... How many of them were Caucasians? Just a thought

why is this about race?

less than 2% of nfl players are being arrested....plenty are doing a lot of good work in the community

maybe you shouldn't be such a media whore and take a step back and stop focusing on the negatives and see there is a lot of positive out there.

the media doesn't see ratings by reporting that
where is the positive in Brooks being arrested for repeatedly hitting a teammate with a bottle?

I think some people need to work on their reading comprehension. His obvious point was that the vast majority of NFL players are doing good work and this is an aberration. His secondary point, which was just as obvious (but evidently not to you), was that the media focuses on the negative and gives people a disproportionate perspective on the general character of NFL athletes. But, as far as your original question, "how many of them were caucasians," all I can say is why do you ask?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,925
Originally posted by English:
Chuck
If you bottled a dude 3 times, would he have some injury to show for it? 3 stitches, as I have said before, is nothing.

Anyway, if you seriously want to do damage you don't hit them with the bottle. You smash the bottle first (not whilst you are holding the neck) then you glass them. 3 hits with that and the victim needs dozens of stitches and possibly plastic surgery.

i do not agree but if you want to quibble with the severity of the injury that is fine. I guess my big issue with this whole thing, is that some feel it is NOT a story or a problem when a team mate whacks another over the head with a bottle. I think he should be suspended . Now I do not know or care how long but I just feel that he should be held accountable and this is kind of a big deal. i also take issue with those who are trying to deflect things from brooks and somehow blame the media. If i did not explain my position on this clearly, well it would not be the first time
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,925
Originally posted by English:
There is another thread for discussing the recent violent event. Please keep to the thread title

well I tend to think he is the most valuable player on our defense that no one talks about. That being said, if he gets hurt or has to miss playing time for whatever reason I am very very glad we resigned haralson . higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k was a disaster and we just can not go through another season by making brooks and smith play with one arm
I don't think it's "blaming the media" to point out that the media usually completely ignores the 98% of NFL Athletes doing good work in their communities. It's just a tangential aspect of the story and it doesn't absolve him of responsibility for being an a-hole when he's drunk.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't think it's "blaming the media" to point out that the media usually completely ignores the 98% of NFL Athletes doing good work in their communities. It's just a tangential aspect of the story and it doesn't absolve him of responsibility for being an a-hole when he's drunk.
Anybody knows that Tarell Brown holds a free football camp in North Texas annually and plenty of NFL athletes come out to contribute? This didn't appear in Sando's blog
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM ]