LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Ncommand is now writting for ProFootballWeekly...(not really).

After signing a new six-year, $44.5 million deal this offseason, there's a strong feeling in San Francisco that LOLB Ahmad Brooks is on the cusp of quickly proving himself extremely worthy of his substantial payhike. Brooks, who registered career highs in sacks (seven) and tackles (50) in 2011, rewarded the 49ers by remaining in Santa Clara the entire offseason and showing up to training camp in the best shape of his life. "I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leading the team in sacks this year," one team insider said. "There has always been talk that he could be a special Lawrence Taylor-type talent, a 270-pounder who can play like a 230-pounder and beat you on the edge with both his power and speed. He seems different, a lot more comfortable in his own skin." Brooks also figures to benefit from a few more breathers courtesy of ex-starter Parys Haralson, who remains a stalwart backup.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/08/10/brooks-looking-like-a-beast-for-49ers

That's crazy talk.

LMAO! It took them a few years but happy to finally have these guys see the light. LOL.

On a serious note, stoked for Brooks/this team. In the bold prediction thread I did pick him to have more sacks over Aldon (Left side...Strong side!) BUT that would be pretty unprecedented for a SAM to have more sacks than a WILL. The average sacks for a SAM is 4.5. Brooks had 8 last year. But if any SAM is capable, Brooks has the talent (and will) to do it.

PS: Love the videos of Brooks/Aldon's friendly competition of Brooks/McDonald vs. Smith/Smith. Wow! I can't wait to see these guys ball-out and compete against each other?

I love Brooks almost as much as you do, but he's not a better pass rusher than Aldon Smith. He doesn't put OT's on their ass the way Aldon does, he doesn't have the length and leverage that Aldon has. I've seen Aldon rush from the left side also, and he still pancakes tackles.
Last year at training camp I asked Brooks if he was going to get ten sacks when he was signing autographs. He got pissed and said "10 you don't think I can get 15 or 20? I'm going for 20!" I was kinda nervous because I wasn't expecting him to get so intense when signing for kids, but that really show his drive. That would be awesome for him to have a great year.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I think Brooks is primed to explode. With the two Smiths on the other side, Brooks should be looking at some one-on-one matchups, no?

Only gripe about Brooks... if he thinks he was offsides, he stops and stands there. Sometimes it takes him out of the play. He fixes that small thing, he will be a handful. Don't hear a whistle? Go give that QB a good SMACK!

lol, I catch myself screaming at the TV, yelling at Brooks to smack the s**t out of the QB, I mean your already offsides at least dont let him throw the ball
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I think Brooks is primed to explode. With the two Smiths on the other side, Brooks should be looking at some one-on-one matchups, no?

Only gripe about Brooks... if he thinks he was offsides, he stops and stands there. Sometimes it takes him out of the play. He fixes that small thing, he will be a handful. Don't hear a whistle? Go give that QB a good SMACK!

lol, I catch myself screaming at the TV, yelling at Brooks to smack the s**t out of the QB, I mean your already offsides at least dont let him throw the ball
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Last year at training camp I asked Brooks if he was going to get ten sacks when he was signing autographs. He got pissed and said "10 you don't think I can get 15 or 20? I'm going for 20!" I was kinda nervous because I wasn't expecting him to get so intense when signing for kids, but that really show his drive. That would be awesome for him to have a great year.

hes a b***h for not sayin 30, go big or go home lol
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Wow! You gotta have that attitude as a pass rushing OLB! Love it...
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I love Brooks almost as much as you do, but he's not a better pass rusher than Aldon Smith. He doesn't put OT's on their ass the way Aldon does, he doesn't have the length and leverage that Aldon has. I've seen Aldon rush from the left side also, and he still pancakes tackles.

Totally! Aldon is more of a pure WILL rusher, no doubt and the sky is the limit for him. For a SAM (Brooks) to have more sacks than the (WILL) is unheard of. The only way it will happen is if TE's start lining up more on the WILL side and start doubling Smith/Smith leaving Brooks 1on1, a battle he should win quite often. Another factor could be conditioning too...Brooks, after last year, knows how to pace himself for the long haul and is very consistent. Aldon could fade, hit a low streak, etc. Is it likely Brooks would end up with more sacks than Aldon (a more pure pass rusher), I doubt it but I LOVE they are competing. He's got the mentality of a WILL playing SAM! You gotta love that...that and McDonald battling J.Smith too! Nice healthy competition.
He looks different with make-up on.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
He looks different with make-up on.

LMAO!
  • Jiks
love this play
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 5, 2012 at 7:06 PM ]

superstar?

Solid role player?
Secret superstar that is what you are coming from afar reaching for the stars run away with me to another place we can rely on each other
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Secret superstar that is what you are coming from afar reaching for the stars run away with me to another place we can rely on each other

Even though she looked like a mouse, I had the biggest crush on her...
Brooks racked up 23 sacks in Madden before going out with a broken collar bone...
Like how Bowman was subbing for Willis (in coverage), I noticed they had Aldon Smith play the entire game (I believe) and even played in place of Brooks at LDE. I like it best when both are on the field at the same time but I wonder if they thought someone inside like McDonald had a better matchup? Anyway, it wasn't very effective it seemed...BUT the good thing that came of it was that Brooks was fresh on the entire last drive and kicked Rodgers ass! Game over...

Left side, strong side!
Share 49ersWebzone