There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How good is Ahmad Brooks?

Originally posted by Heed49er:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Guess you've never done anything stupid before

Assault a friend who is trying to protect me? Sorry, not that kind of drunk.

This. I may be an avid 9'er fan and certainly wouldn't want to lose the services of such a good player, BUT, this guy has a history of violence and needs to face some consequences. He also needs to stay away from alcohol. And the gun threat? What's with these mammoth men feeling they need a gun to solve things? I own several, but don't think I need to pull one every time I have a disagreement with someone. Idiots.
Originally posted by Heed49er:
Why are NFL players such tool-bags?

Do you mean why are 1.35% of all NFL players on active rosters such tool-bags. Because I could ask the same question about the general population. Why are less than 2% of the public such tool-bags? It seems like it should be so much more than 2%.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,484
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Well, somebody dialed 911. So it might be that the situation was a little more out of control than what is in the report.

Bunch of rich people hear a couple dudes yelling at 2 in their neighborhood and they're probably all over 911 in 5 seconds.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This situation does not need lawyers. it needs a "real" gesture. do something that no one is expecting from an NFL player. take responsibility.

Someone's on their high horse today... NFL players take responsibility for their actions all the time unless its murder, see: Justin Blackmon. Hell even Brandon Browner owned up to his suspension and didnt fight it. Did Brooks steal your girl or something? Yeesh
Originally posted by 5280High:
Someone's on their high horse today... NFL players take responsibility for their actions all the time unless its murder, see: Justin Blackmon. Hell even Brandon Browner owned up to his suspension and didnt fight it. Did Brooks steal your girl or something? Yeesh

Define "all the time"? I don't think a lawyerless exchange with law enforcement is high on the priority list of most NFL players who are hit with DUI, gun possession, weed possession, domestic violence, and so on. I think the general mentality is "I'm entitled, where's the damage control."

I'm still waiting for Crabtree's statement about his pre superbowl threesome. Any thought's or feelings of professional responsibility he would care to share with the public/coaches? Didn't think so. I never heard any public statement from coaching staff or fo that he discussed it with them and evaluated his professional, not personal, conduct. I am using this as an example, not just picking on Crab. My impression is this sort of reaction is s.o.p. in the NFL.

Or, what's that guys name for the Colts -- get's bagged in a car with weed and firearms and the first instinct, apparantly, is to scram. That's not my definition of taking responsibility. Pretty adolescent.

But that's just me. Thanks for making this personal though. You know it's all about Brooksie sweeping my wife of 30 years off her feet.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Define "all the time"? I don't think a lawyerless exchange with law enforcement is high on the priority list of most NFL players who are hit with DUI, gun possession, weed possession, domestic violence, and so on. I think the general mentality is "I'm entitled, where's the damage control."

I'm still waiting for Crabtree's statement about his pre superbowl threesome. Any thought's or feelings of professional responsibility he would care to share with the public/coaches? Didn't think so. I never heard any public statement from coaching staff or fo that he discussed it with them and evaluated his professional, not personal, conduct. I am using this as an example, not just picking on Crab. My impression is this sort of reaction is s.o.p. in the NFL.

Or, what's that guys name for the Colts -- get's bagged in a car with weed and firearms and the first instinct, apparantly, is to scram. That's not my definition of taking responsibility. Pretty adolescent.

But that's just me. Thanks for making this personal though. You know it's all about Brooksie sweeping my wife of 30 years off her feet.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Do you mean why are 1.35% of all NFL players on active rosters such tool-bags. Because I could ask the same question about the general population. Why are less than 2% of the public such tool-bags? It seems like it should be so much more than 2%.

Yes, the 1.35% who make at a minimum over 6 digits AND are too f**king stupid to stay out of trouble.

Their job is to play football & all the work that goes with it AND to not do stoopid s**t like this. That's all.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216108/article/arrest-warrant-for-49ers-ahmad-brooks-filed-in-error?campaign=Twitter_atl

And all this for nada, but man, what a wild crazy ride it was.

You all is crazy!!!!!

Originally posted by ninertico:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216108/article/arrest-warrant-for-49ers-ahmad-brooks-filed-in-error?campaign=Twitter_atl

And all this for nada, but man, what a wild crazy ride it was.

You all is crazy!!!!!



It's worse if you hurt your friend...who by the way was trying to protect you!

Doesn't matter if you are a rising star or have a great contract...you make a mistake, you pay the price. I presume Baalke will take the necc action, regardless of what he gets from the prosecutor or the NFL.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
It's worse if you hurt your friend...who by the way was trying to protect you!

Doesn't matter if you are a rising star or have a great contract...you make a mistake, you pay the price. I presume Baalke will take the necc action, regardless of what he gets from the prosecutor or the NFL.

Originally posted by 5280High:


Nice.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
This. I may be an avid 9'er fan and certainly wouldn't want to lose the services of such a good player, BUT, this guy has a history of violence and needs to face some consequences. He also needs to stay away from alcohol. And the gun threat? What's with these mammoth men feeling they need a gun to solve things? I own several, but don't think I need to pull one every time I have a disagreement with someone. Idiots.

You are right, I'm sure every time Brooks has a disagreement he beats someone and threatens them
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
This. I may be an avid 9'er fan and certainly wouldn't want to lose the services of such a good player, BUT, this guy has a history of violence and needs to face some consequences. He also needs to stay away from alcohol. And the gun threat? What's with these mammoth men feeling they need a gun to solve things? I own several, but don't think I need to pull one every time I have a disagreement with someone. Idiots.

You are right, I'm sure every time Brooks has a disagreement he beats someone and threatens them
And the media always reports things correctly and accurately right off the bat with no speculation or twists to make for a more interesting story.
Warrant filed in error?

f**king non accountable government employees.