There are 158 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I care less what they do to Brooks but I know what I would have done to the vet whether I make the squad or not
he doesn't deserve to be cut for this. let the police handle it. suspend him if need be, but let that be the end of it. it's not the first time that friends got in a fight.
Originally posted by Disp:
He was sober and probably understood that fighting back would probably be pretty bad for both of them. He made the smart move.

Yep... I totally agree. Rather than turn it to something A LOT worse for the team, he avoided escalation. Divens had his wits about him. Of course, this kind of behavior would prevent fatal violence in many situations, but so many young ones are concerned with being "Dissed" that they feel the need to keep it "real", just like the Chappelle show.
This is a personal problem. It doesn't really relate to the business of professional football. It does fall under the NFL's "acceptable behavior" issues. I don't think he should be cut. If he's convicted of assault, he should be suspended for some number of games. If he's not convicted, he should voluntarily submit himself to a program to help him stop drinking because he obviously can't control himself when he's been drinking.
Originally posted by cciowa:
if a normal joe would bust a bottle over the head, open up a wound that is serious assault, they would get arrested and face jail time, unless they plead it down to simple assault. the same rules should apply for brooks no matter how key he is to the teams defense. you can spin it however you want but this , I think, is the bottom line.

Not true, especially if the victim wants to drop charges. Usually drunk assault charges get brought down to a misdemeanor with a ton of community service. You only go to jail for premeditation or a previous history of assault, which this is his first incident in how many years? He will get a slap on the wrist if he even gets anything. Also 3 stitches is a tiny wound, you'd get more stitches accidentally cutting yourself with a good cooking knife.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Yep... I totally agree. Rather than turn it to something A LOT worse for the team, he avoided escalation. Divens had his wits about him. Of course, this kind of behavior would prevent fatal violence in many situations, but so many young ones are concerned with being "Dissed" that they feel the need to keep it "real", just like the Chappelle show.
plus its a opportunity for the kids to puff out their chest on the zone and tell us what THEY would have done
In fact, in the vast majority of cases, if the victim chooses not to press charges, there is no indictment. This is just the way the law works and it's a problem, by the way for womens' advocacy groups because female victims of violent domestic abuse often choose not to press charges on their husbands and there's not much the law can do about it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Not true, especially if the victim wants to drop charges. Usually drunk assault charges get brought down to a misdemeanor with a ton of community service. You only go to jail for premeditation or a previous history of assault, which this is his first incident in how many years? He will get a slap on the wrist if he even gets anything. Also 3 stitches is a tiny wound, you'd get more stitches accidentally cutting yourself with a good cooking knife.

i did say he could be plead down to simple assault which is a slap on the wrist,,, but I think I am right here and if not, maybe a cop from that area can correct me,, it does not matter how tiny the wound,, you hit someone, you leave a mark , a bruise cut anything,, it is serious assault. that is why it usually gets plead down to simple assault
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
In fact, in the vast majority of cases, if the victim chooses not to press charges, there is no indictment. This is just the way the law works and it's a problem, by the way for womens' advocacy groups because female victims of violent domestic abuse often choose not to press charges on their husbands and there's not much the law can do about it.
that is exactly right. a friend of mine got choked by her hubby who also threw her down. when the officers saw a small bruise on her neck and then a bruise on her back,, he was jailed for serious assault. now of course women are weak, she caved in and dropped the charges
  • KK49
  • Veteran
at least he didnt kill anyone.,, whats wrong with those dudes?? thats why i wouldnt mind 18 games season , or even 20... ..u give them enough time off and they will find a way to hurt someone or themselfs. . well... i hope Lemonier is ready , at least for the first 4 games..

Originally posted by cciowa:
i did say he could be plead down to simple assault which is a slap on the wrist,,, but I think I am right here and if not, maybe a cop from that area can correct me,, it does not matter how tiny the wound,, you hit someone, you leave a mark , a bruise cut anything,, it is serious assault. that is why it usually gets plead down to simple assault

Right about what? I have personal experience with these situations and already know the deal. You dont serve jailtime for drunken assault unless there is a history of violence. Thats the bottom line.
Originally posted by KK49:
at least he didnt kill anyone.,, whats wrong with those dudes?? thats why i wouldnt mind 18 games season , or even 20... ..u give them enough time off and they will find a way to hurt someone or themselfs. . well... i hope Lemonier is ready , at least for the first 4 games..

by giving them more games, wouldn't they hurt themselves or others even more?
Corey Lemonier! Cam Johnson! Come on down! We may need one of you to step in for a few games this season.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
I'm suppose to hang out with Willis tonight. I'll ask if the rumors of Brooks being released are true.

u should know now... not to party with NFL players.. or if u do, drink from plastic cups. ( less headache)
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by KK49:

by giving them more games, wouldn't they hurt themselves or others even more?

but they wont drink as much
Share 49ersWebzone