There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How good is Ahmad Brooks?

Wow are you f**king kidding me?? I'm expecting a lot Shehawk fans to talk s**t!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
From what I read Brooks is lucky he's not in jail. Plus it seems that Brooks can't hold his liqueur, and that's not a guy I wanna drink with or hang around. We've loaded up with pass rushers, so Brooks had better be careful.

We have loaded up on unproven pass rushers. We really need Brooks this year. He is really solid. I hope we do not make an example of him like pats did with the murderer. Is there a chance we release him?
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

No wonder Harbalk got so many pass rushers this draft & offseason.

Yes, because Harbaalke can tell the future. On April 25th they knew exactly what would happen a couple weeks later.
Are you telling me that they didn't know that Brooks had as much trouble as talent?

Yes. Don't recall anyone saying that. And personally I plan on letting the story play out before leaping to conclusions.
Well it could have been worse. They could have rolled their car. One of them gets killed. The other walking away from the accident intoxicated like the Cowboys Josh Brent.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

No wonder Harbalk got so many pass rushers this draft & offseason.

Yes, because Harbaalke can tell the future. On April 25th they knew exactly what would happen a couple weeks later.
Are you telling me that they didn't know that Brooks had as much trouble as talent?

Yes. Don't recall anyone saying that. And personally I plan on letting the story play out before leaping to conclusions.

+1

As long as he's a Niner under Balke and Harbaugh's standards, he's got my vote of confidence.
good the zone was running out of things to overreact about
brooks wasn't cheating
Brooks was drunk, Divens played a joke on him, Brooks got mad and did something a stupid drunk guy would do. Is this really a story? Divens is dropping any charges because he realizes he provoked it, and things like this get WAY too overblown and harshly punished.

How often does this kind of altercation happen? All the time. If they were 2 drunken college kids this would be a non story.
Just the kind of s**t we don't want to deal with. Bad enough we have injury problems.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/report-da-weighs-possible-assault-charge-against-49ers-brooks

Brooks then allegedly hit Divens over the head with a beer bottle. Divens asked Brooks if he realized he just hit him. Brooks responded with some obscenities and struck him a second time. At that point, Divens said he was going back to the hotel to his family. His head was bleeding.

Brooks said, according to the report, "Do I need to get my (expletive) gun at the house?"

Brooks hit Divens a third time with the battle. According to the report, Divens said to Brooks, "Do you realize you hit me in the head with a bottle three times?" Brooks replied, "Get the (expletive) out of here. If you want to press charges, press charges."

Divens was not in attendance on June 11 for the first day of the 49ers' mandatory minicamp. He was on the field on June 12, but did not practice. The next day, he told a sergeant in the assaults unit that he wanted to "drop it" and he "didn't want to move forward with anything." Divens indicated it would be bad for both of their football careers. He said he and Brooks had resolved it, according to the report.

----------
Brooks should just pay him some money (has plenty of it) and be done with it but problem with that is Divens could come back for more when he's broke or if he doesn't make the team. If he does press charges would be a big mess for both since they could miss practice time and Divens is already a long shot. Also, locker room could be divided about the situation... some on Divens side, others on Brooks' side. Brooks probably didn't realize what he had done the next day and I'm sure he regrets it. For you law people would divens playing the joke on him come into play if it went to court or would they say no excuse doesn't matter?

P.S. Looks like Maiocco just put this up a few hours ago and the national press hasn't got a hold of it yet. By this afternoon bet it's all over twitter, PFT, possibly ESPN, etc. Surprised they kept it hush for a month.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
They are technically "teammates", but they are certainly not friends or buddies (and never will be). How many weeks has Divens even been with the team? Brooks is barely an acquaintance with the guy, and then he bashes him over the head with a bottle multiple times because he dared to affront him with mild humor?

From the Article: "The two men, who had become good friends over the past month, were joking throughout the evening."
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 3, 2013 at 2:59 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
it's all Divens fault

Apparently some other Teammate reported it to the cops probably AJ...
This kinda sucks. Somebody needs to keep Brooks away from the sauce, he obviously can't hold his s**t.
Idiot
This is so aggravating. How many times does something like this have to happen before these numbskulls grow a brain? Maybe the NFL should require that every player's contract include wages for a personal chaperone, because these idiots obviously don't know how to function outside of a weight room or football field.

If he gets arrested hopefully it will send a message. This crap is intolerable. And to those dismissing it as no big deal, it is a big deal. Somebody as big and strong as Brooks hitting another person with a beer bottle then threatening to get a gun is a big deal.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Brooks was drunk, Divens played a joke on him, Brooks got mad and did something a stupid drunk guy would do. Is this really a story? Divens is dropping any charges because he realizes he provoked it, and things like this get WAY too overblown and harshly punished.

How often does this kind of altercation happen? All the time. If they were 2 drunken college kids this would be a non story.

Hitting someone with a bottle is serious.

A guy in my high school got hit on the back of head with a coke bottle.

We were at big party, everyone drunk and stoned, having fun.

He had brain surgery, lost two years of high school, and never regained full use of his right side.

Brooks mucked it up.
What I don't understand is why didn't Divens kick his drunk a$$? You either 1. Press charges or 2. Kick his a$$. These new school dudes I just don't understand. There is no way I just stand there and let you tee off on my dome. Either I run or I am coming at you. We are talking grown men here and most are as close as brothers. If my bro tried that he would get the a$$ kicking of his life. I am sure we can laugh about it later but I won't let you tee off on me like that without repercussion. I will make sure you pay the toll. More like who assaulted whom? And I get Divens not wanting to report it because it will alienate him from not only this locker room but most NFL locker rooms and this is why he should have whipped him or subdued him. This deal is a head scratcher. Should have clocked him like shawnte Spencer
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 3, 2013 at 5:37 AM ]