How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
0-16 here we come. #tankjob
The Purge continues...
Originally posted by susweel:

Damn, someone from the NFC West gonna snap him up in a second. Saints may grab him for the sake of Drew Breese.

Smart move would be to cut him after preseason 4 so it will take rivals some time to acclimate him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Not sure how I feel about it.

I think the only real logic here is that if you 100% didn't plan on having him here in 2018, and you have young players behind him that need evaluation, then why keep him in 2017?

His contract would make him difficult to trade, so release would be the only way to move on.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't been able to at least get a late round pick back from him.
Originally posted by Heroism:

...and there it is. Smoke, I'm still your dad for another day. LOL
I liked Brooks better than Eli Harold. I guess we will see if Eli can step up his pass rush. Brooks will find a job.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

Damn, someone from the NFC West gonna snap him up in a second. Saints may grab him for the sake of Drew Breese.

Smart move would be to cut him after preseason 4 so it will take rivals some time to acclimate him.

Nah, that would be a total classless thing to do to a vested veteran.

Releasing players BEFORE the massive cut down is how you keep a great reputation as a front office. Continues to perpetuate the idea that SF is a place you want to play.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Well f**k. Guy was solid as a rock for this team and the most underrated player imo
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I'm kind of surprised they haven't been able to at least get a late round pick back from him.

Me too...good on them for letting him go now to go to a 3-4 team. I hope he goes to a great team. Much love Brooks!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Jonh lynch is in over his head we needed an experienced gm.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I liked Brooks better than Eli Harold. I guess we will see if Eli can step up his pass rush. Brooks will find a job.

He was still our most complete LB. I did not see this move coming. Good long-term but short-term I think we took a step back. We really may be tanking
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

this times infinity. i have no confidence in eli. best not to question the regime
  • thl408
Releasing him instead of trading him is a kind gesture for a veteran. Let's Brooks choose which team he wants to go to if there's multiple teams showing interest.
I hope he does not go to Seattle .
Share 49ersWebzone