There are 173 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
If they cut muy dude Brooks this regime is dumber than I thought.

I will burn my Brooks jersey.

...wait.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:

...wait.

For Eli Harold that dude is almost as invisible as AA.

...wait.

LOL...I'm preparing myself for some big changes just to be safe.
Can anyone honestly say Harold and Watson are a better combo than Brooks and either harold or Watson?

I can't imagine other than his contract cutting Brooks.

...wait.

Agree again with Sus. Cutting Brooks to keep Harold is dumb
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
best OLB on this team. Coaches are just trying to light a fire under his ass by making him think Harold has a shot.

I know you're being silly a bit but they have taken similar tactics from the get-go so this very well may be true. It also gives a guy at the back end like Pita T. hope that he really does has a chance here. It makes everyone from Brooks to Pita T. focused.

Actually i think thats the realest s**t Chaz has wrote in a min . Watson getting early snaps which i liked cause he seems to be emerging some,along with Harold starting , makes me think they were indeed trying to light a fire under Brooks to have him come out like Reid.

Of course at the same time you evaluate the other guys but gonna be interesting how we come out next game and how the snaps look like per player.
I don't think it's Books ability that's in question.

He's older, costs more and is near the end of his deal.

Do KS/JL think his presence this season will be a difference maker since we're in a "Rebuild" mode anyway?

Does he have any value for a trade?

What could we possibly get - a 6th?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't think it's Books ability that's in question.

He's older, costs more and is near the end of his deal.

Do KS/JL think his presence this season will be a difference maker since we're in a "Rebuild" mode anyway?

Does he have any value for a trade?

What could we possibly get - a 6th?

I think they believe Harold is right there with Brooks and Watson gives us the backup speed rusher as a poor mans Beasley.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 22, 2017 at 8:41 PM ]
Does cutting Brooks this year help next years cap ? If not who cares what he makes this year......oh yea, never mind
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Does cutting Brooks this year help next years cap ? If not who cares what he makes this year......oh yea, never mind

Yeah it does a lil bit.

So Eli Harold has done dickly squat in his career. His biggest talking point to date is kneeling and he's considered the reason and player Brooks gets cut. Holy f**king s**t. Not a rebuild crusher but just a ridiculous move. As far money gtfo. We paid handsomely for guys who never wore the red and gold and this dude is getting all the hate when we are flush with cash
Originally posted by teylo31:
So Eli Harold has done dickly squat in his career. His biggest talking point to date is kneeling and he's considered the reason and player Brooks gets cut. Holy f**king s**t. Not a rebuild crusher but just a ridiculous move. As far money gtfo. We paid handsomely for guys who never wore the red and gold and this dude is getting all the hate when we are flush with cash

Not everyone needs to be a 3 down player.

If he can handle the run in base get his ass out for Lynch and Elvis in nickel.

Lets not get s**t f**ked up lol.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 22, 2017 at 9:31 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I've always been a Brooks fan... since he was at UVirg... he's the best player Samurai Mike ever brought to this team..

But the fact is, Brooks fit best as an OLB in the 3-4 scheme... at this late stage of his career, playing that SLB under 4-3 just isn't for him anymore....

If he gets cut, it's not because of his ability, it's more of a player not fitting in our new scheme...
Originally posted by 9moon:
I've always been a Brooks fan... since he was at UVirg... he's the best player Samurai Mike ever brought to this team..

But the fact is, Brooks fit best as an OLB in the 3-4 scheme... at this late stage of his career, playing that SLB under 4-3 just isn't for him anymore....

If he gets cut, it's not because of his ability, it's more of a player not fitting in our new scheme...

He fits well IMO.. I just think Harold closed the gap and they want Watson as the backup SAM.
Still listed as starter in the latest depth chart heading into the 3rd game.

[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 23, 2017 at 2:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone