LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Brooks is as good a pass rusher as Aldon Smith is... Not only that he rushes the passer as well, he drops back into coverage and does a fine job...

he can cover backs better than Aldon and Lynch combined, and he gets lesser credit than any other LBs we have..

if this guy was in Pittsburgh and their Blitzburgh defense, he's named woulda been mentioned to the likes of Joer Porter, Harrison, Lloyd and Gildon..

Anyhow, I wish this kid to tighten all the loose screws and just get on with his football career..
Originally posted by FL9er:

Textbook SAM!

And lots more than that...pick 6, Neck-Gate, NO revenge, etc. Most clutch defender we've had over the past 5 years.

And you know what? I can't WAIT to see how Mangini uses him now. No more vanilla?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
THE best OLB on this team and one of the best in the NFL.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

he might not be the second best on this team let alone 1.
[ Edited by philosoraptor on Jul 27, 2015 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I did proudly wear my Brooks #55 jersey. Hope to wear it one more year!
Ahmad Brooks is a good solid linebacker for the 9ers and underrated.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers201:

he is in better shape than he was last year, and he has a chip on his shoulder,, that is not good for the opposition in my opinion
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers201:

I'm hoping for a solid season from A. Brooks.
I believe he can playinside linebacker to next to bowman and have aldon Smith and lynch play outside linebacker that's what they should do instead of starting wilhoite

I feel Brooks could play Middle inside Linebacker next to bowman better then Willhote and have Lynch and Aldon Smith play outside Linebacker with Eli Harold anyone agree?
Its a great idea. It is too good an idea for them to consider though.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Brooks is as good a pass rusher as Aldon Smith is... Not only that he rushes the passer as well, he drops back into coverage and does a fine job...

he can cover backs better than Aldon and Lynch combined, and he gets lesser credit than any other LBs we have..

if this guy was in Pittsburgh and their Blitzburgh defense, he's named woulda been mentioned to the likes of Joer Porter, Harrison, Lloyd and Gildon..

Anyhow, I wish this kid to tighten all the loose screws and just get on with his football career..

Not really
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 27, 2015 at 3:35 PM ]
No
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I like him better as an OLB but I wouldn't be to upset if they move him to MLB. Didn't Brooks play Mlb for the Cincinnati Bengals for a little bit?
Share 49ersWebzone