LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Why not move him in for WIlhoite? Try it for a few snaps.

Brooks is in there in goal lines and short yardage (inside LB).

I wanna see a lineup of Lynch- Borland- Brooks - Smith for a few snaps ...with Ahmad at ILB, we could keep them guessing who we will be blitzing ??? ....I'm not saying move Ahmad to ILB fulltime ...Wilhoite is solid , but just a few looks from time to time with that lineup to keep the offense dizzy

It would be a great wrinkle and I have little doubt he'd be successful there even if he was the one who dropped back in zone coverage or covered a RB out of the backfield. And then, if he blitzed...look out. If he gets a full head of steam and hits a QB, that QB will be pronouced DOA.

I have seen them move Brooks inside a couple times in a specific goal line package. We used it in the playoff game against carolina last year with great success, stoping the panthers at the goal line a couple times if i remember correctly.
Originally posted by KegBert:

I wanna see a lineup of Lynch- Borland- Brooks - Smith for a few snaps ...with Ahmad at ILB, we could keep them guessing who we will be blitzing ??? ....I'm not saying move Ahmad to ILB fulltime ...Wilhoite is solid , but just a few looks from time to time with that lineup to keep the offense dizzy

It would be a great wrinkle and I have little doubt he'd be successful there even if he was the one who dropped back in zone coverage or covered a RB out of the backfield. And then, if he blitzed...look out. If he gets a full head of steam and hits a QB, that QB will be pronouced DOA.

I have seen them move Brooks inside a couple times in a specific goal line package. We used it in the playoff game against carolina last year with great success, stoping the panthers at the goal line a couple times if i remember correctly.

Beat me to it. Brooks plays all over, though he is usually on the left side. I think Wilhoite has the speaker in his helmet so they would have to adjust but it would put four tremendous athletes on the field together. I'm impressed with Wilhoite but...would still be interesting!

Please O please this
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Benched today for missing a team meeting durig the week. WTF.
"I'm not here to point fingers," Brooks said. "I'm not the only one to miss meetings. Others have missed them and been late. I own up to it. I wasn't there. They made a decision."

Interesting, seems like Brooks is really in the doghouse
Originally posted by spizzy:
"I'm not here to point fingers," Brooks said. "I'm not the only one to miss meetings. Others have missed them and been late. I own up to it. I wasn't there. They made a decision."

Seems like all the early reports where right. Harbs lost the locker room early in the season.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Seems like all the early reports where right. Harbs lost the locker room early in the season.

It's looks like EVERYONE missed the GAME today...

Harbaugh is done!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

This is not looking good at all.
Think Brooks is traded or released in the off-season no doubt
Keep brooks trade harbs.

I'm glad this fool was benched. He is starting to become a cancer. Get rid of him Davis and Boone. Don't tolerate this BS
lazy fat ass still like him though haha
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
I'm glad this fool was benched. He is starting to become a cancer. Get rid of him Davis and Boone. Don't tolerate this BS

no surprise he turned into a locker room cancer, guy was dogged with attitude problems his whole career
for a guy who has improved so much since coming here years ago, his recent antics are stupid. Trade his ungrateful @ss elsewhere.
i didnt read too much about his benching cus of missed meetings, but i did read a quote where he said something like i'm not the 1st guy to miss a meeting or be late for one but it is what it is kinda thing. that right there shows you everything. guy misses a meeting knowingly or not and plays the old well jimmy got away with it card. its grade 3 s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone