There are 184 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
if u want respect you give it... and at timez you have to confront the disrepectful... i would like it ...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The only way we see all 3 of them at the same time is if we copy the NY Giants "speed 4" package... Have Lynch or Aldon as a down lineman and the other would line up standing up opposite Brooks..

I still don't see how Lynch all of a sudden got better than Brooks.. Brooks been doing and playing this way since Singletary gave him the chance.. even when he was only getting part time snaps under Singletary, Brooks would get to the QB..

Lynch is just like Borland, a very instinctive player and new to the defense, but these two rookies are no way ALREADY better than Ahmad, Patrick and Navaro..
Originally posted by Constantine:
if u want respect you give it... and at timez you have to confront the disrepectful... i would like it ...

Some posters are better avoided...just lead us into troubled waters!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Does this make anyone else happy? Best 3-man OLB rotating in the game!

There was a lot of discussion this week surrounding Ahmad Brooks' disappointment about how he was being used. Against the New York Giants in East Rutherford, New Jersey, he was benched because of an altercation with a member of the coaching staff.

Since then, Brooks has made up with his coaches, expressed his disappointment in himself and how he acted, and everyone seemed to be back on the same page. Against Washington on Sunday, Brooks was in there to recover a Robert Griffin fumble following a Justin Smith sack that sealed the game.

For a look at their playing time in the 49ers' game against Washington, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area compiled the statistics for linebackers Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks and Aaron Lynch. They are as follows:

Aldon Smith 52 snaps, 3 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 quarterback hurries
Ahmad Brooks 37 snaps, 3 tackles, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
Aaron Lynch21 snaps, 2 tackles, 1 sack

It was not a bad performance for the trio of outside linebackers.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/76852-snap-counts-smith-brooks-lynch/#cDmUwuAeP42m5Hy7.99

Lynch should have been on the field a lot more.
Why not move him in for WIlhoite? Try it for a few snaps.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

There was a lot of discussion this week surrounding Ahmad Brooks' disappointment about how he was being used. Against the New York Giants in East Rutherford, New Jersey, he was benched because of an altercation with a member of the coaching staff.

Since then, Brooks has made up with his coaches, expressed his disappointment in himself and how he acted, and everyone seemed to be back on the same page. Against Washington on Sunday, Brooks was in there to recover a Robert Griffin fumble following a Justin Smith sack that sealed the game.

For a look at their playing time in the 49ers' game against Washington, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area compiled the statistics for linebackers Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks and Aaron Lynch. They are as follows:

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/76852-snap-counts-smith-brooks-lynch/#cDmUwuAeP42m5Hy7.99

Yeah hard choice... the great part is when you have a rotation like that the pass rush is awesome ... which is huge in the fourth
[ Edited by Constantine on Nov 25, 2014 at 7:00 AM ]
I don't see why there so much frustration over Lynch seeing less time. It's the way it should have been from the beginning. Brooks is a better player period. Especially on rush downs and attacking the flats/ sniffing out screens etc. The only thing lynch is better at is edge rushing. Ahmad is still the better inside rusher. There's a hell of a lot more involved in playing outside lb in Fangios scheme than rushing the passer. Against a team like Washington who can't pass Brooks will see more time. Against a team like the Giants that can't run Lynch will see more snaps. What's so hard to understand here? The rookie 5th rounder not seeing more snaps than Brooks is expected.
Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Yeah hard choice... the great part is when you have a rotation like that the pass rush is awesome ... which is huge in the fourth

Yeah, that's sort of the point. The rotation is stellar b/c it gives all 3 a breather, keeps them fresh and Lynch can sit down and review film, learn about an alignment he botched, no pressure, doesn't wear down as the games and year goes on, etc. Brooks is a wiley veteran as is about as clutch as it comes and Lynch sees Brooks like a big brother...one he's been learning from and will continue to learn from. For now, let's just enjoy the massive production these three will provide.
Yeah, that's sort of the point. The rotation is stellar b/c it gives all 3 a breather, keeps them fresh and Lynch can sit down and review film, learn about an alignment he botched, no pressure, doesn't wear down as the games and year goes on, etc. Brooks is a wiley veteran as is about as clutch as it comes and Lynch sees Brooks like a big brother...one he's been learning from and will continue to learn from. For now, let's just enjoy the massive production these three will provide.

This is my hope going forward, but Baalke may see the situation differently for next year. Wouldn't it be great to be able to keep all these LBs and build on them?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

This is my hope going forward, but Baalke may see the situation differently for next year. Wouldn't it be great to be able to keep all these LBs and build on them?

Yeah, we can't even think about next year b/c so much can happen between now and then. Every year, Gore will be cut...yet here we are. LOL. Brooks could be one of those guys as well. We shall see. He could end up being a Carlos Rogers-like cut or he could dramatically restructure to stay with us and in our rotation. We'll just have to see. Plus, many of the older expensive vets WILL be gone and off the books which means, like Gore this year, we may not even HAVE to restructure Brooks contract next year. Either way, I'm just going to enjoy this while it last...best 3-man OLB rotation in the game!

Yeah, we can't even think about next year b/c so much can happen between now and then. Every year, Gore will be cut...yet here we are. LOL. Brooks could be one of those guys as well. We shall see. He could end up being a Carlos Rogers-like cut or he could dramatically restructure to stay with us and in our rotation. We'll just have to see. Plus, many of the older expensive vets WILL be gone and off the books which means, like Gore this year, we may not even HAVE to restructure Brooks contract next year. Either way, I'm just going to enjoy this while it last...best 3-man OLB rotation in the game!

This is the time of year when I do start thinking about next year. The mock drafts coming out, our record being iffy, offense struggling, defense being...amazing...

The offense needs help. Whether it's all coaching or if they decide to shuffle the line or bring in a dynamic receiver...love to ponder!
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Brooks is in there in goal lines and short yardage (inside LB).
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

This is the time of year when I do start thinking about next year. The mock drafts coming out, our record being iffy, offense struggling, defense being...amazing...

The offense needs help. Whether it's all coaching or if they decide to shuffle the line or bring in a dynamic receiver...love to ponder!

LOL. I get that one!

I wanna see a lineup of Lynch- Borland- Brooks - Smith for a few snaps ...with Ahmad at ILB, we could keep them guessing who we will be blitzing ??? ....I'm not saying move Ahmad to ILB fulltime ...Wilhoite is solid , but just a few looks from time to time with that lineup to keep the offense dizzy
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I wanna see a lineup of Lynch- Borland- Brooks - Smith for a few snaps ...with Ahmad at ILB, we could keep them guessing who we will be blitzing ??? ....I'm not saying move Ahmad to ILB fulltime ...Wilhoite is solid , but just a few looks from time to time with that lineup to keep the offense dizzy

It would be a great wrinkle and I have little doubt he'd be successful there even if he was the one who dropped back in zone coverage or covered a RB out of the backfield. And then, if he blitzed...look out. If he gets a full head of steam and hits a QB, that QB will be pronouced DOA.
Share 49ersWebzone