There are 226 users in the forums

If we lose Goldson..I wont shed a tear

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's been much more amendable this go around, what with firing his agent and all, but the team is playing hard ball. I certainly am not letting this situation taint my view of Goldson as a player or a person, he has been a model citizen in his time here and his pro bowl play of a year ago-- IMO should be rewarded with a contract.

Chances are he'll have to prove himself another year before getting guaranteed money, but I hope that when he does sign its with us, and for a long time.
If we had some depth behind him, I'd say good bye.
No one will pay him as much as the niners are willing to. Its the same as last time he wanted to get paid. If there's a team dumb enough to make him the highest paid safety in the league then bye! Niners shouldn't have franchised him.
I'll be crying in my cereal
Nope. Not worried and no chance of tears. I like him, but if he's not happy with a 5 yr 20/25 mil deal with incentives? Let him walk after this season. I think there's little chance he holds out through the regular season. Gives Donatell a good look at our many young safety options, and I'd expect him to be able to turn one of them into a capable starter behind our front 7. We also have a plethora of draft picks that can be spent on a safety in the next draft, if need be.
next years class is loaded, get through this year and look towards the future
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Question for everyone....if we lost denali as a thread starter, would u shed a tear?

If u had to choose.......denali's posting or Dashon playing safety for us....which would it be?

LOL, I guess I wouldnt shed a tear either
Originally posted by jreff22:
next years class is loaded, get through this year and look towards the future

Agreed, Would love to focus on defense next year including safety and of course DL
Dashon is crazy if they are offering $7M a yr and he is turning it down. What other team will pay him above $5M a yr. He thinks he is Ed Reed caliber, he isn't, he isn't Troy Polamalu, he isn't Eric Berry, and he isn't, and I'll get flamed for this, Earl Thomas. Take the money Dashon, and be happy.

I personally think Whitner is a better Safety than Goldson is. Tons of good Free Safeties in 2013 draft class, Baccari Rambo(Georgia), Robert Lester(Alabama), Vaughn Telemaque(Miami), T.J. McDonald(USC) are 4 of the top. Got to look towards the future.

I think we will see Sopoaga let go, as we don't use a NT on every down. A good amount of NT prospects in 2013 also.

Utah's Star Lotulelei
Ohio State's Johnathon Hankins
Purdue's Kawann Short
Alabama's Jesse Williams
Georgia's Johnathon Jenkins
UNC's Sylvester Williams

I think the two spots we look are FS and NT in round 1.
One of the dumbest questions posted I've heard so far. He's a pro bowl safety, a ball hawk and a fierce hitter! Just shows why outsiders think we have stupid fans.

I'm going to watch The Shining to see if I can apply it to his contract situation. Give me a couple hours and I'll get back to you
Originally posted by Garcia:
I'm pretty sure no one would literally cry if we lost Goldson

I agree...there arent many good safties in the NFL...we probably have two young ones...key them unless the price is outrageous.
^ I think Sopo will want to stay put and will take less (2 yr 6 mil) to do so. I think the coaches will feel comfortable with RJF.. lock him up early next year, and that we will be set at NT once again. We'll see... no crystal ball here.
I also feel like C.J. Spillman could fill in fine if Goldson went down or left, I would want a future starter, but Spillman did a good job in 2011 when he played on Defense. His goal line tackle in the Ravens game saved our Rushing TD record at the time.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Question for everyone....if we lost denali as a thread starter, would u shed a tear?

If u had to choose.......denali's posting or Dashon playing safety for us....which would it be?

We can afford to lose denali, we have proven depth behind him
Share 49ersWebzone