LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 365 users in the forums

Do you HONESTLY believe this is the year we win our 6th SB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you HONESTLY believe this is the year we win our 6th SB?

No. I still don't believe that Alex Smith can do it. Defense won't be as good as last year. Won't have the surprise factor this year. Yeah, I know I'm a negative nelly. I would love to be proved wrong.
We had the second easiest schedule in the league last year. This year's schedule is a lot more difficult. I also still don't believe that Alex can WIN a Super Bowl. I believe that he will continue to improve, but I dont think that he can do it. I hope I'm wrong
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
No. I still don't believe that Alex Smith can do it. Defense won't be as good as last year. Won't have the surprise factor this year. Yeah, I know I'm a negative nelly. I would love to be proved wrong.

why wouldn't the defense be as good?
We have a real chance. But I could see WZers hearbroken too. Because expectations are sky high after 15 - 17 mostly down years. With the exception of a year here or there. For the better part of 2 decades we have sucked since 1994 Super Bowl year. Now we are good again and expectations are through the roof.

What happens if we have a good record and get homefield advantage and Aaron Rogers or Eli Manning comes in and tears us up. That could really happen. One bad game can bounce us. And there are some elite QB's. Super Bowl WIN (not even just going) is a HUGE expectation. I want to believe and we have a chance. Also the fall will be horrendous for WZers if it doesn't happen. Remember 31 teams go home disappointed every single year.

9ers certanly have the potential to play at the level or better than last year, which makes them legitimate contenders to win it all.

I hope they can handle the pressure of wearing a bullseye all year. Teams are going to bring it every game trying to prove they measure up with them.....
This is by a wide margin the best team the Niners have fielded since Young was still qb. If you cannot get excited about this teams chances this year, you might need to get your pulse checked.
This team will only as far as Jim Harbaugh's determination as this organization's leader. So yes, make room for that sixth Lombardi trophy in our trophy case. And prepare to win several more Championships under Harbaugh's tenure as head coach. Super Bowl or bust, baby. That's the standard Bill Walsh has set and Jim Harbaugh won't waiver from it one iota.

enter daniel bryan................
I'm now expecting our Niners to win a SB every year. This team is strong in all aspects. As long as our offense gets even marginally better at RZ touchdowns and 3rd down efficiency, I see no one standing in our way.

More realistically, I am expecting at least 2 SB rings in the next 5 years. I think we are gonna be regular visitors to the playoffs from here on. Sure, at some point, we will have to rebuild. Sure, a brutal injury could give us a bad year. Aside from extreme things we can not predict? Yes... I have a very good feeling about our SB chances.

• BobS
  • Veteran
I say no, hope I am wrong. We won't unless the offense takes a huge step forward. The defense did an amazing job last year, but you can't expect them to constantly create turn overs to keep the inept offense in games. We have a tougher schedule and are no longer under the radar. I believe offenses will be more aware of our defense and protect the ball better. From 1981-1994 we were perennial Super Bowl contenders and only won 1/3 of the time, they aren't easy to win.

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I honestly believe with all of the tools we have on our team, we will win the SUPERBOWL this year!!!!!! WHOS WITH ME?

Im in 'lock step' with the coach and this team.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
These talented mother f**kers finally got a worthy general. Last year was just the beginning. A preview. Harbaugh is going to dominate this league for years.

This.
Originally posted by 228niner:
enter daniel bryan................

lol. YES! YES! YES!
I don't get all these people saying no cause the defense won't be as good or we won't sneak up on people. If that is how you feel than you are saying the 49ers last year weren't good just lucky.

Do the Steelers and Ravens have elite defenses each year? Yes. So why can't we.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I don't get all these people saying no cause the defense won't be as good or we won't sneak up on people. If that is how you feel than you are saying the 49ers last year weren't good just lucky.

Do the Steelers and Ravens have elite defenses each year? Yes. So why can't we.

Just gotta let em be. Some folks act like being positive about your team is being homeristic. As if remaining skeptical with more of a "prove-it-first" attitude gives them some elevation on the high horse of keeping-it-real.
Share 49ersWebzone