LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

Lindy's Pro Football preview How they rated the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NINERS don't lose Superbowls... That's just ludicrous.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Actually it's going to be us beating Houston in the superbowl

Most likely, it's going to be us beating someone else in the Superbowl. There's no way Houston even makes it.
Originally posted by kray28:
Same team basically...last year what did they rate us?

with the very short offseason did they even release a preview book after the lockout ended and the flurry of fa signings?
One winning season in, what is it, 10 years (and that in an oddball year with no training camp) and all of a sudden the Niners are winning superbowls?!

One year out of ten is more likely a fluke than a trend; let's see them do it again. Last year the team experienced such a favorable turnover margin, including close margin wins, I doubt that gets replicated this year. A big element of luck involved there. In previous years the close margin games tended to even out and the Niners lost a lot of those

Sportswriters are such band-wagonners and, of course, fans are so rational.

What is ludicrous is to have the RBs rated on par with the QBs. RBs are so much better. The QBs on evidence are no better than 5 IMO. I say that the likelihood is that Niners don't sniff the SB this year. Not unless there is a change at QB and, even then, one has to see how the replacement works out.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Our linebacking core is a 10
our coach shoudl be a 9
our RB should be a 8.5.

Our LB core is amazing inside and good on the outside. Aldon is a great pass rusher, but we don't know much about how he is at coverage. Brooks is a very solid player, but he's not on the level of our ILBs. It's not quite perfect. 9.5 is accurate.

Our coaches are fantastic...but they have made some play calling errors, imo. 8.5 seems reasonable. Let's give it another season before we call it a 9. A lot of why Harbaugh looks so good is the fact that the team was already pretty good it just needed a real coach. So compared to what we had, he's amazing.

2 years ago I'd have given our RBs a 8.5 to 9. No one knows how much Gore has left in the tank. It probably isn't too much considering the number of RBs we have in camp. I'd like to think our RBs are an 8...but 7.5 is a safe number.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
One winning season in, what is it, 10 years (and that in an oddball year with no training camp) and all of a sudden the Niners are winning superbowls?!

One year out of ten is more likely a fluke than a trend; let's see them do it again. Last year the team experienced such a favorable turnover margin, including close margin wins, I doubt that gets replicated this year. A big element of luck involved there. In previous years the close margin games tended to even out and the Niners lost a lot of those

What is ludicrous is to have the RBs rated on par with the QBs. RBs are so much better. The QBs on evidence are no better than 5 IMO. I say that the likelihood is that Niners don't sniff the SB this year. Not unless there is a change at QB and, even then, one has to see how the replacement works out.

Don't let how you personally feel cloud your judgement. We are a Superbowl contender and have one of the most complete teams in the NFL, including a qb on the upswing.
I am really curious to know what it takes to get a 10 for a LB corps... This team has the best AND 2nd best ILB in the NFL... Not to mention Brooks is Top 10 for OLB and Aldon Smith is just gonna crush people this year...again.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
NINERS don't lose Superbowls... That's just ludicrous.

The Niners don't always make the Super Bowl... but when they do... THEY WIN
Originally posted by cashmahne:
I am really curious to know what it takes to get a 10 for a LB corps... This team has the best AND 2nd best ILB in the NFL... Not to mention Brooks is Top 10 for OLB and Aldon Smith is just gonna crush people this year...again.

True. Based on production, I had Brooks at #3 at the SAM, Bowman #2 at TED, Willis @ #5 for MIKE and Aldon #3. The Chiefs were a close 2nd to us...some great individual play last year but overall, as a unit, we were #1 IMHO in their 1st year together.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/166136-best-linebackers-in-the-game/
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Most likely, it's going to be us beating someone else in the Superbowl. There's no way Houston even makes it.

Yeah they'll be a high seed because of their division then run into a bandsaw in the playoffs...
[ Edited by thomas14 on Jun 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM ]

But if you look at it, those close games we lost previously can mostly be attributed to horrendous coaching...

How can you say getting to the NFCCG is a fluke? The defense has always been that good, it was a few key additions that made it over the top. We may not have as high a turnover margin this year, but this defense is stout.
Originally posted by mkmasn:

But if you look at it, those close games we lost previously can mostly be attributed to horrendous coaching...

How can you say getting to the NFCCG is a fluke? The defense has always been that good, it was a few key additions that made it over the top. We may not have as high a turnover margin this year, but this defense is stout.

This, coaching was horrendous, and play calling was down right terrible. We are a much better and improved team from 2010 to 2011, and will only get better.

Luck aint nothing but good things happening to well prepared athletes!!!!! Considering that our D will play atleast as good as last yr, we have a real good chance at sniffing the SB. I do think that the added WR help will prove to be genius because it will make it easier for Alex to make decisions.
Just for s**ts and giggles, what were the seahawks rated?
Seattle

Coaching- 7.5
QB- 6.5
RB- 8.0
Rec- 6.5
OL- 7.0
DL- 7.5
LB- 6.5
DB- 8.0
ST- 7
Intangables- Plus 1

Total- 65.5