LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Stadium Webcam

Shop Find 49ers gear online
edit:

Just found this on Jed York's twitter... look how far they have come in less than 4 months.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM ]
i dunno which one was in the gutter since it was live i only got 10 seconds to really look at it but i was too busy laughing at everyone trying to get it out, prolly the Case not the bob cat.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Are those walls permanent? They look like concrete brick walls from the camera from the inside but do you know if they are part of the final look or just to keep people out/from seeing throughout the project. I don't recall them being up before... was there like a fence before that? Thanks in advance Marvin.
If you are refering to the wall that can be seen from the inside, those if I am not mistaken were concrete that was poured over about two weeks and finished about 2 weeks ago. From the picture above, the wall inside the green one. The picture with the big cranes.
[ Edited by Born49R on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:16 PM ]
So does anybody have a guess as to what they are actually working on right now?
Originally posted by Born49R:
If you are refering to the wall that can be seen from the inside, those if I am not mistaken were concrete that was poured over about two weeks and finished about 2 weeks ago. From the picture above, the wall inside the green one. The picture with the big cranes.

Yep, thanks... Marvin cleared it up. He said the wall only goes sidewalk high on the parking garage side (I believe it's called Tasman). It almost looked like with the cams it was a wall built to obstruct view/keep people out. And then there is a fence above the wall.

Here is a question for anyone like Sonoco who knows construction:

Will these same guys that are doing the outside be working the inside or do they have different guys for each aspect. (outside, inside, landscaping, carpentry, etc) Do these guys move with the company or just hired job by job?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM ]
Originally posted by BayArea:
So does anybody have a guess as to what they are actually working on right now?

They appear to be days away from erecting structural steel. Concurrent with that it looks like they're trenching and placing more under-slab utility conduits.
Yep, thanks... Marvin cleared it up. He said the wall only goes sidewalk high on the parking garage side (I believe it's called Tasman). It almost looked like with the cams it was a wall built to obstruct view/keep people out. And then there is a fence above the wall.

Here is a question for anyone like Sonoco who knows construction:

Will these same guys that are doing the outside be working the inside or do they have different guys for each aspect. (outside, inside, landscaping, carpentry, etc) Do these guys move with the company or just hired job by job?

Each type of work is controlled by a specialty subcontractor who's responsible for (1) completing their own scope of work and (2) coordinating and cooperating with the other subcontractors. They each have their own trade crews.
i wonder if the san jose earthquakes are gonna play their home games there
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

they're already planning on building their own "euro-style" (i.e., 3-sided, ~15k seating) stadium right next to SJC airport, which coincidentally should open around the same time as the Niners' stadium (2014)....Quakes have yet to break ground on it though, so don't hold your breath for 2014, but once started it shouldn't take as long to finish...

i'd imagine it'd only make sense for the Niners to lease their new stadium to the Quakes for "big-draw" games (vs LA Galaxy, friendlies with big Euro clubs, playoffs etc) during the NFL offseason to make a few extra $$$ and the Quakes would be foolish to keep using OAC, Stanford Stadium or Candlestick for such events when a brand new 60K+ stadium is just down the road
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jul 23, 2012 at 9:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

they're already planning on building their own "euro-style" (i.e., 3-sided, ~15k seating) stadium right next to SJC airport, which coincidentally should open around the same time as the Niners' stadium (2014)....Quakes have yet to break ground on it though, so don't hold your breath for 2014, but once started it shouldn't take as long to finish...

i'd imagine it'd only make sense for the Niners to lease their new stadium to the Quakes for "big-draw" games (vs LA Galaxy, friendlies with big Euro clubs, playoffs etc) during the NFL offseason to make a few extra $$$ and the Quakes would be foolish to keep using OAC, Stanford Stadium or Candlestick for such events when a brand new 60K+ stadium is just down the road

oh very nice

edit:

Just found this on Jed York's twitter...

WOTBLOL
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Looks like theyve set up a third crane and there is some steel laying on the ground next to a trench that wasnt there last time i looked
I love how the camera occasionally pans over and zooms in on something like you're about to see something really interesting happen...

And then you don't.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
WOTBLOL

Yeah, I know I was just showing how far they have come in such a short amount of time. That's what it looked like from 49ers HQ less than 4 months gao.
Originally posted by THEB:
Looks like theyve set up a third crane and there is some steel laying on the ground next to a trench that wasnt there last time i looked

Yep, they have 3 of the big boys up now... check the great america or hyatt view for those that want to see.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone