LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Stadium Webcam

Shop Find 49ers gear online

for more parking/tailgating areas i still say they should pave the golf course on the right (didn't even know there were TWO!) or at the very least move it up further north (towards the brown undeveloped area on the lower right next to the 237 fwy)
Two?

It's the back 9, like most golf courses
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Two?

It's the back 9, like most golf courses

waste of re-claimed garbage dump land!
You don't "move" a golf course.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
You don't "move" a golf course.

buy them out....city needs some of their $$$ back right???
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
waste of re-claimed garbage dump land!

Exactly it used to be a land fill, not worth the cost to dig up all that trash and stabilize it for a parking lot
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Exactly it used to be a land fill, not worth the cost to dig up all that trash and stabilize it for a parking lot

meh.....the city of santa clara might deem it'd be cheaper in the long run to covert a high-maintenance golf course to a lower maintenance sea of asphalt
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
oh ic. Same parking lot, with the added parking garage gonna be used for games im assuming?

Yep, that was going to be built regardless if the stadium passed or not. It was being built months before the stadium started. Suppose to hold 1820 vehicles... plus the great america parking lot and then behind that there is the Hilton hotel with a nice sized parking lot. Plus there is a Hyatt (like .4 miles away so people will probably park there as well or be staying there and walk to the game. There are some hotels close towards the San Jose side as well. I would think most people that are staying in those hotels would walk, take a taxi, etc which would be cheaper than paying to park when you are less than a 1/2 mile away. Plus it would be a lot faster to walk because I am sure the traffic will be heavy on game days. Heck wouldn't be surprised if the hotels have some sort of shuttle service to the games either free of charge or even if they charge 5-10 bucks.
meh.....the city of santa clara might deem it'd be cheaper in the long run to covert a high-maintenance golf course to a lower maintenance sea of asphalt

I would think a golf course would bring in a lot of money on game weekends. Lots of rich people or people staying the weekend for the game and you can spend the Saturday golfing. Plus if Eddie D./Montana put up another hotel and/or sports bar that would draw a lot of people in and the golf course is right there.
well, we'll see in a couple years whether parking will be sufficient....there'll be teething problems i'm sure....at least there is some developable land close at hand if it does become an issue and also SC can be negotiated with...

well, we'll see in a couple years whether parking will be sufficient....there'll be teething problems i'm sure....at least there is some developable land close at hand if it does become an issue and also SC can be negotiated with...

Under all the open land you see including the golf course in that pic is landfill/dump

for more parking/tailgating areas i still say they should pave the golf course on the right (didn't even know there were TWO!) or at the very least move it up further north (towards the brown undeveloped area on the lower right next to the 237 fwy)

At the Rose Bowl in Pasadena they have a golf course adjacent that they just roll cars onto for people to park and tailgate.

http://www.grouchygolf.com/2005/12/rose-bowl-parking-lot-my-home-course.html

They could do that in Santa Clara very easily. That might be kinda cool . . . so long as the weather is good.
Sweet they completed the circle. Wonder what they start next?
Originally posted by BayArea:
Sweet they completed the circle. Wonder what they start next?

Probably start building the next few levels above and then maybe eventually working there way in towards the center? In October they will have a night crew that will start putting in the things that hold the seats.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Probably start building the next few levels above and then maybe eventually working there way in towards the center? In October they will have a night crew that will start putting in the things that hold the seats.

Do you think that they are ahead of schedule? As in they might finish early?
Share 49ersWebzone