There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stadium Webcam

Originally posted by THEB:
yeah they got a LOT done. i think we'll see a full circle connected by the end of next week

Yeah, haven't checked it for a few days. They are flying...
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah, haven't checked it for a few days. They are flying...

Yeah I didn't check it for a few days and was stunned that they almost completed the entire oval and built a good part of the white steel at the entrance.
Making great progress. Haven't check it in about a week so much done in so lil' time.
Anyone think they will actually complete the circle? Wouldn't they need to leave a space to get trucks in with steel and a place to get the cranes out? Then probably finish the rest from the outside.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
there will be plenty of room for trucks and things to drive through the beams. you may have a point about the cranes
They will probably leave one part of the circle incomplete so they can get in and out and finish that part last.
[ Edited by BayArea on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Anyone think they will actually complete the circle? Wouldn't they need to leave a space to get trucks in with steel and a place to get the cranes out? Then probably finish the rest from the outside.

The cranes are disassembled into relatively small sections that can fit on to flatbed trailers before they're transported. When they're done with the cranes they'll break them down where they sit and roll them out piece by piece. I think even with the lower mezzanine complete there will be a couple of areas where loaded semi-rigs can fit through.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The cranes are disassembled into relatively small sections that can fit on to flatbed trailers before they're transported. When they're done with the cranes they'll break them down where they sit and roll them out piece by piece. I think even with the lower mezzanine complete there will be a couple of areas where loaded semi-rigs can fit through.

they'll re-use those cranes @ another south bay stadium....

http://www.sjearthquakes.com/news/2012/08/major-announcement-regarding-new-stadium-coming-saturday
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Taylor Price Tweeted this out today
^^^ That's a cool shot. The metal decking is almost forming a perfect circle.
nice pic. Whats with ll the cars in the parking lot? Construction workers?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
thats the parking lot for Great America amusement park
thats the parking lot for Great America amusement park

oh ic. Same parking lot, with the added parking garage gonna be used for games im assuming?
Taylor Price Tweeted this out today

it looks like they're taking their sweet ass time building this thing.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home