There are 167 users in the forums

Stadium Webcam

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you go to the 3D map view and select "Lower Level" you can see just the lower level deck of the stadium.

http://seats3d.com/nfl/49ers_new_stadium/#/level_1/

I think what they are currently building is that lower level deck (without the concession buildings, restrooms, and suite tower). They are building that same level in all four quadrants, and eventually all four areas will connect to form the complete lower level deck. I guess at the rate they are going it will be a couple more weeks and they should have all the steal up for the lower level deck.
[ Edited by TRK49 on Aug 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM ]
Originally posted by TRK49:
If you go to the 3D map view and select "Lower Level" you can see just the lower level deck of the stadium.

I think what they are currently building is that lower level deck (without the concession buildings, restrooms, and suite tower). They are building that same level in all four quadrants, and eventually all four areas will connect to form the complete lower level deck. I guess at the rate they are going it will be a couple more weeks and they should have all the steal up for the lower level deck.

I created an image that shows what the areas that I think they have completed so far. The blue shows what they have done so far. The arrows show the direction that the 4 teams are working in, and as I mentioned above my guess is that in about 2-3 weeks all four teams will complete their portion of the lower deck.

[ Edited by TRK49 on Aug 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM ]
I created an image that shows what the areas that I think they have completed so far. The blue shows what they have done so far. The arrows show the direction that the 4 teams are working in, and as I mentioned above my guess is that in about 2-3 weeks all four teams will meet together to complete the entire lower deck.

nice 2-3 weeks for lower deck seems awfully quick though

im not a construction guy at all which part would take the longesT?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I created an image that shows what the areas that I think they have completed so far. The blue shows what they have done so far. The arrows show the direction that the 4 teams are working in, and as I mentioned above my guess is that in about 2-3 weeks all four teams will meet together to complete the entire lower deck.

nice 2-3 weeks for lower deck seems awfully quick though

im not a construction guy at all which part would take the longesT?

By complete I just mean getting the steal structure up. I am not a construction guy either, but my estimate was just a guess based upon how far they went in 1 week and how far they have to go.

I created an image that shows what the areas that I think they have completed so far. The blue shows what they have done so far. The arrows show the direction that the 4 teams are working in, and as I mentioned above my guess is that in about 2-3 weeks all four teams will complete their portion of the lower deck.

Nice work
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nice work

Very cool graphic.

I'd guess it will take the better part of a month to complete the lower deck and another month and a half to complete the upper levels and the luxury suites/press box. I think by Halloween the steel will be close to done. Once the steel is hung it goes into a phase called "plumb, bolt & weld" which takes longer than hanging the steel. During this phase they force the steel into final alignment with "come-alongs" and cables aided by laser levels and some pretty precise surveying. Once in alignment they finish the torquing the bolts and in some locations they weld connections. Usually it's a separate crew so the erectors can keep moving out in front hanging steel.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Very cool graphic.

I'd guess it will take the better part of a month to complete the lower deck and another month and a half to complete the upper levels and the luxury suites/press box. I think by Halloween the steel will be close to done. Once the steel is hung it goes into a phase called "plumb, bolt & weld" which takes longer than hanging the steel. During this phase they force the steel into final alignment with "come-alongs" and cables aided by laser levels and some pretty precise surveying. Once in alignment they finish the torquing the bolts and in some locations they weld connections. Usually it's a separate crew so the erectors can keep moving out in front hanging steel.
Wow, I was wondering when they plumed and did the final bolt downs. Didn't realize it would be that far along into the construction. Thought they might have intermittent points when they did that and then adjusted from there. Thanks again for this type of info.
Originally posted by Born49R:
Very cool graphic.

Wow, I was wondering when they plumed and did the final bolt downs. Didn't realize it would be that far along into the construction. Thought they might have intermittent points when they did that and then adjusted from there. Thanks again for this type of info.

They do plumb and align as they go. I wasn't too clear there. That's probably why they started at the corners, so they can get those up and in alignment with one another and then fill in the areas in between.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
They changed the default cam on the website to Great America. The live cam is still at 49ers HQ but now you have to navigate to it in stead of it being default.

Nice work

Very cool graphic.

If I had to guess, I'd say the the sections under construction right now are correct on the left and right of your graphic. But I think the blue sections on the top and bottom need to be rotated one section clockwise to be accurate. Those are the true corners.

Originally posted by niners_guy:

Nice work

Very cool graphic.

If I had to guess, I'd say the the sections under construction right now are correct on the left and right of your graphic. But I think the blue sections on the top and bottom need to be rotated one section clockwise to be accurate. Those are the true corners.

Actually I think he's dead on.

They haven't built the Tasman Entrance Plaza yet. They are building the Suite tower. If you moved that portion clockwise you would be seeing the Tasman Entrance Plaza.

As for the portion closest to the HQ, I think he is correct in that regard as well. That haven't don't the harsh corner yet.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by niners_guy:

Nice work

Very cool graphic.

Actually I think he's dead on.

They haven't built the Tasman Entrance Plaza yet. They are building the Suite tower. If you moved that portion clockwise you would be seeing the Tasman Entrance Plaza.

As for the portion closest to the HQ, I think he is correct in that regard as well. That haven't don't the harsh corner yet.

Well, you being the man on the scene I'm inclined to believe you. I just thought the section closest to HQ looked more like the corner on that side. Could just be the camera angle.
Damn they are making a ton of pregress...
  • THEB
  • Veteran
yeah they got a LOT done. i think we'll see a full circle connected by the end of next week
I see they move the 49ers HQ LiveView camera back (for a wider angle)
Share 49ersWebzone